Teddington 21st November 2009 - filming LOTSW

• Thread starter Compo, Foggy and Clegg
  • Start date
C

Compo, Foggy and Clegg

This topic is for people who are lucky enough to be going to Teddington Studios this Saturday to watch two episodes from the next series, is this your first time? have you been before? which showing are you going to? etc etc

and afterwards without giving to much away can talk about it on here

im going for the second time (the 1st being last year to see new year episode and ep 1 of the series) and am in the 1st session again this year, its a long journey from birmingham but would travel a million miles for Last of the Summer Wine, can wait for Saturday!

wel im reporting back from yesterdays preview's at Teddington and i was lucky enough 2 see 4 of the 6!! and i personally believe that there very good episodes, a lot better than last year, maybe this might be the way 4ward, i was lucky enough to see 4 of the 6 episodes due to them asking people from the 1st sitting to come back in cause a coach party had cancelled, i was also surprised how many kids were in the sittings looks like summer wine's future looks rosy (as Robert Fyfe said yesterday "not if the BBC has anything to do with it"), i have got some spoilers which i wil write below in a different colour

Alan J.W. Bell confirmed the episodes were in a serial form

the trio is more of a quartet this year

the main storyline puts into question 1 of the long running saga's of the show

2 main cast members surnames are confirmed

Clegg and Truly are (sort of) outside this year

the start and end credits are changed slightly, with the numerals being 2010

episode 2 is called "Happy Camping"

episode 3 is called "The Rights of Man (Except for Howard)" i cant remember episode's 1 & 4 titles lol

Toby's wife is seen

Tom and Morton both find love interests (the last being rather begrudingly)

one cast member does a great Worzel Gummidge impression

there's much more i could add but im afraid thats enough till transmission, if you highlight the space above you should see the spoliers

We attended the middle two episodes and we had a wonderful time. The first of the two was, in my opinion one of Howard's finest.
The idea of having the series in a serial format is good.
As ever, Entwhistle and Alvin were excellent.
Rob

Back