The Beatles

Bora Natty

Dedicated Member
Has anyone here actually seen them in person? Back in 1964, I was ten years old and we went on vacation to Atlantic City, NJ. I had no idea of the but when we went out on the boardwalk and walked by a big entertainment place, called the Steel Pier, I looked up and there it was, appearing, The Beatles. When I regained consciousness, lol! I asked to go and wouldn't you know it, we were leaving the day before. I thought about running away, staging my kidnapping, etc. I just couldn't get them to stay another day..

The very next day, I got up around sunrise and walked out on the beach. I look around and I see Goliath, a horse they had on the Steel Pier, billed as the largest horse in the world and he was a big fella, then I noticed who was with him, it was The Beatles. I thought, am I hallucinating? They got closer and they were out with the trainer, giving the horse a workout. I ended up getting to talk with them, at least what words were legible coming out of me on my part. I shook hands with them. Kinda funny how things work out, sure, I would have loved to see them, but meeting them was way more incredible, especially looking back..

Speaking of the Beatles, when I do crossword puzzles, Yoko Ono often appears. In the clue, she is no longer called John Lennon's widow, but is usually referred to as an artist.

Not sure if you ever heard of The Crazy World of Arthur Brown from the 60's, a one hit wonder, that being "Fire" . He appeared a few years back near me and a friend got a ticket to go [don't quite know why] but boy was he surprised, after a short opening jam by the band on bounds Arthur and sings Fire . My friend was gobsmacked and was thinking well first real song is his only hit what's he going to do for 90 minutes ?? Appears he was a huge Blues guy and played a lot of Blues standards and some of his own attempts at Blues , my friend thought he was quite good. :)

MAJOR CLAIM TO CLAIM FOLKS !!!!!........
Ringo Starr's mum [Elsie] used to baby sit me when I was a baby !!!!!.
Elsie was great friend's with my gran [who brought me up].
She lived on 1 side of Park Road Dingle [Madryn Street] and we lived on the other side [Eridge Street].
She would have been in her mid to late 50's....SHE WAS A LOVELY LADY !!!.
Ringo [Richard] was no angel I can tell you all !!!!.....he was a real scallywag who associated with some real "characters" shall I say.
I am quite sure that if it was not for The Beatles he would have ended up going down the wrong road.
X!

Monsieur Blue just Wow. I am reading Paul O'Grady's first book at the moment and I am sure you like myself can relate to the tales he tells about his Mum and the women in their street, plus tales of the local shop and how Mother's would always send their kids to the shop when they were in debt with their Tick. When the kids returned to relay a message from the shopkeeper to say as much it was seen as an affront , the Mother raging at that point would say "I'm Not having HER telling everyone my business get yourself back with this , pulling the money owed from the catalogue, telly or rent payment .... and another thing, if the Rediffusion man knocks for his money DON'T answer the door :):):) " just priceless!

Back