The Book so Far

Wow, I lucked out based upon the new prices some places are charging. Converting dollars to pounds, I paid 14.68 pounds for the book and that includes shipping to the US. The Book Depository listed one copy for sale on Amazon.com and I snatched it up.

Wow, I lucked out based upon the new prices some places are charging. Converting dollars to pounds, I paid 14.68 pounds for the book and that includes shipping to the US. The Book Depository listed one copy for sale on Amazon.com and I snatched it up.

Interesting use of phraseology there. What do others think? Is this another case of "Two nations separated by a common language"? When someone "lucked out" I assume they were unlucky. But here the opposite is obviously the case. Maybe it is simply a matter of its being a US use of language not used in UK. Maybe we just do not say "I lucked out".

Discuss in essays not exceeding 1000 words.

The book is 19.99 in waterstones.This seems to be the most expensive that i have seen :)

I have just ordered from the summer wine shop and it came up with payment succsesful but i have not recived a confirmation e.mail or a delivery estimate.Welshy did u get any of these ???

I have just ordered from the summer wine shop and it came up with payment succsesful but i have not recived a confirmation e.mail or a delivery estimate.Welshy did u get any of these ???

Ok just recived them.

I received my copy from the Summer Wine Shop yesterday. I wasn't certain it was going to be a signed copy, but it was. Very pleased here in California. ;D

Back
Top Bottom