The Frozen Turkey Man

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
I always thought this episode could have had a better title. After all, the frozen turkey man bit was only during the bar scene with the female bartender. Most of the episode centered around the trio trying to find a treacle tin that contained "Yorkshire remains" that Compo buried under a bush in 1932. The title should have reflected that instead. Given all of this, do you think the original title is fine as is, and if not, what would you have changed it to?

I always thought that 'Yorkshire Remains' would have been a better title, but what about 'Gobble Gobble'.

I found that alot of episodes were named after small sections of the whole episode. It can't be easy coming up with episode names.

I like the Yorkshire remains though :)

in bill owens autobiography he actually refers 2 this episode as "yorkshire remains", i think there cud have been a better title than "the frozen turkey man", what about "a sticky old treacle tin" seeing thts what they was looking 4?

I once entered a competition set by the Appreciation Society. You needed to give alternative titles to certain episodes. I gave 'Take Me To Your Bleeper' as an alternative to 'Welcome To Earth'. I don't think anyone else entered this competition as I never heard any more.
It isn't easy as you say Susan.

I once entered a competition set by the Appreciation Society. You needed to give alternative titles to certain episodes. I gave 'Take Me To Your Bleeper' as an alternative to 'Welcome To Earth'. I don't think anyone else entered this competition as I never heard any more.
It isn't easy as you say Susan.

Was this towards the end of the SWAS? I entered once or twice and never heard anything, and I think they should still have one SAE for me ....

I do wonder just what happened to Clive and the gang. I have had nothing official since the location DVD.

I always thought this episode could have had a better title. After all, the frozen turkey man bit was only during the bar scene with the female bartender. Most of the episode centered around the trio trying to find a treacle tin that contained "Yorkshire remains" that Compo buried under a bush in 1932. The title should have reflected that instead. Given all of this, do you think the original title is fine as is, and if not, what would you have changed it to?
I've never thought about changing titles - but Yorkshire Remains would have been a great title for this one.
I love this episode. ;D

I do wonder just what happened to Clive and the gang. I have had nothing official since the location DVD.

That was the last thing I had. I suspect that it has really been overtaken by websites, of which this one only remains. There is still a link on the site:

http://www.summer-wine.com/indexbackup2.htm

but there has been no change to that for three years.

I have all the output from SWAS and my badge! Any one else apart from Sue and myself who were (are?) members?

Yes, i was also a member of Summer wine online, i think i joined in 2004 or 2005.
It's a bit strange seeing it as i last saw it, which was a couple of years ago, shame they never got a sponsor.

Staying with the topic, Frozen Turkey Man is one of those episodes that i watch occasionally, it's one of my favorites, so i try not to watch it (and some others) too often, otherwise i can become a bit bored and not watch them to the end.

G ; )

How about "Regarding Frozen Turkeys and Yorkshire Remains" ? There's a sort of continuity between the two, don't you think? Or is that TMI? HAHA!!

Back