The Golden Years!!

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Just working back into the early Foggy episodes.
Liked Gordon's Wedding, Isometrics, Jubilee,
Flower Power Cut, and Wales, but last night we
watched Greenfingers with the Plastic Carrot.
What a hoot!!

Really looking forward to Penny Wassail and Full
Steam Behind (my real favorite of all!!).

These are truly great. The dialog is marvelous. Bill Owen
has perfected his facial expressions. And they do move
about.

My one curiosity is: howcum izzit that they mention
Huddersfield all the time, but never mention Holmfirth??

I think it was because they were supposed to live in an average Yorkshire village rather than somewhere specific.

but I'm probably wrong :)

Just working back into the early Foggy episodes.
Liked Gordon's Wedding, Isometrics, Jubilee,
Flower Power Cut, and Wales, but last night we
watched Greenfingers with the Plastic Carrot.
What a hoot!!

Really looking forward to Penny Wassail and Full
Steam Behind (my real favorite of all!!).

These are truly great. The dialog is marvelous. Bill Owen
has perfected his facial expressions. And they do move
about.

These are also my favourite years, and whenever I feel like watching LOTSW, I usually turn to these old ones. I have seen them umpteen times, whereas there are new ones that I only watched once and can´t remember at all. No, I always go for these ones here too, I enjoy the focus on the trio. And Greenfingers is in my Top 3 I think ;D.

Cciaffone, those early Foggy episodes are classic, especially the 2-parters...

The Flag And Its Snag
The Flag And Further Snags

The Great Boarding House Bathroom Caper
Cheering Up Gordon

Honorable mention also goes to "The Kink In Foggy's Niblick". Watching Compo steal golf balls and reselling them to unsuspecting customers was hilarious!

I'll conclude by saying my favorite Christmas episode from this time was "All Mod Conned".

The titles of the shows were brilliant, weren't they? I mean, 'The kink in Foggy's niblick', how can you go wrong with a a title like that!!!

Holmfirth was on a few buses during the series and was also on the paper Blamire used to read in the library but i do not recall it being mentioned by name.

Holmfirth was on a few buses during the series and was also on the paper Blamire used to read in the library but i do not recall it being mentioned by name.

Yes, for example in "Whoops" the bus they get on at the end is going to Holmfirth.

vlcsnap-00089.jpg

A later indication that they're in Holmfirth is in the episode "All that Glitters is not Elvis", in which they pass "Holmfirth Methodist Church"

vlcsnap-00090.jpg

Cleckheaton also got a mention once, one of my favorite lines.

Foggy - Who introduced you to astronomy? Right? Who took you up on the hills one night and taught you how to navigate by the stars! And who had to get a taxi back from Cleckheaton?

LOL

Cleckheaton also got a mention once, one of my favorite lines.

Foggy - Who introduced you to astronomy? Right? Who took you up on the hills one night and taught you how to navigate by the stars! And who had to get a taxi back from Cleckheaton?

LOL

Mine too :D

I was wondering that myself not long ago. I don't remember the name Holmfirth ever being spoken on the show, although I too remember written on the paper, the buses, and occasionally a poster in the cafe. Seems like the town would have welcomed the advertising.

Back