The Music from those old programs

Norm

Dedicated Member
Sorry but gone all maudlin again !!
Listening to LOTSW tune got me thinking of all those old signature tunes before the start of a show on the radio and television :-
Maigret, The Third Man, The lone Ranger on TV (There was Lassie but I can't remember that one) spring to mind,
and of course Dick Barton, Men from the Ministry and the Navy Lark on the radio.
Does anyone remember them and have a favourite ?
Sorry friends across the puddle but am not very familiar with your old signature tunes but am sure you have plenty.

It has to be DICK BARTON for me Norm , the signature tune still makes the hairs stand up on my arms!! :12: :32:

Add to that the theme from Monty Python , I know its a marching tune but I don't know the title at the minute. Which is a long winded way of saying ,I always add the "raspberry" sound at the end. :biggrin:

The Ying Tong Song was one of a bunch of records they made between them. Spike's "I'm Walking Backwards for Christmas " for instance. The show usually opened to Wallace Greenslade doing his thing with the announcement.:16:

Absolutely love the theme from The Third Man.

I like theme from Captain Scarlet and Stingray. :D

I am with you Dick. It has to be Dick Barton nothing quite like it. Still brings back memories of childhood.

Back