The Post box.

This is the submarine from Treasure of the Deep,filmed at Standedge Tunnel where I put the recent Then and Now photos on the Swan Man thread,reading captains post a lot of the props got destroyed or lost,thank goodness someone thought to keep this safe,its from one of my favourite episodes,loved Seymour :)
1%20002_zpsbxjxxqcp.jpg
Holm%204-16%20019_zpsgcc3amly.jpg

Of course its the Uttoxeter,the exhibition sign even refers to it as that,but when the trio first meet the inventor he insists on calling it the Magnetometer,or something like that.I'm glad its been kept and is safe in the exhibition.

Great picture Pete I love the shot you have taken from the show with the chaps , Norman Rossington and the Large Balloon lady sitting on the Hill , can I please impose on your knowledge and ask what place are they looking down on.

I am beginning to think its not worth contacting the BBC Archives a lot of the key things are in the Museum .

Great picture Pete I love the shot you have taken from the show with the chaps , Norman Rossington and the Large Balloon lady sitting on the Hill , can I please impose on your knowledge and ask what place are they looking down on.

I am beginning to think its not worth contacting the BBC Archives a lot of the key things are in the Museum .

That is a marvellous scene in the show. Always raises a smile with me, especially with Cleggy (Peter) beginning to be overwhelmed! o_O

Please do captain,you might live up to your namesake and find us some long forgotten treasure.Usually I recognise a scene by it panning in or out,unless I recognise it immediately,on this scene it only lasted a few seconds and cut right to this shot,when I first saw it I thought they were on Tinkers Hill looking down on New Mill and Jackson Bridge,but there is an area further north near Slaithwaite that looks very similar,like most of the locations though,its beautiful,and I'm so lucky that I can walk in these places as often as I do.

Back