The Sallis Longevity

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
Just had delivered from LoveFilm DVD Disc #1 of The Terence Rattigan Collection. Includes "The Largest Theatre in the World: Heart to Heart" (TV 1962) in black and white with Peter Sallis as a TV Director. A very young Peter Sallis in 1962. To check that date I went to his details in IMDb for the first time and noted his first entry is in 1947 in A Midsummer Night's Dream (TV movie) as Quince.

In his very early days he played Guildford Rep Theatre in North Street (preceded the Yvonne Arnaud). Used to go to their productions quite often in the late 50s but that was after Peter's dy.

Oh, I wish I could watch this Heart to Heart film, Big Unc. I´m always in search of such things. Enjoy!

Just had delivered from LoveFilm DVD Disc #1 of The Terence Rattigan Collection. Includes "The Largest Theatre in the World: Heart to Heart" (TV 1962) in black and white with Peter Sallis as a TV Director. A very young Peter Sallis in 1962. To check that date I went to his details in IMDb for the first time and noted his first entry is in 1947 in A Midsummer Night's Dream (TV movie) as Quince.

In his very early days he played Guildford Rep Theatre in North Street (preceded the Yvonne Arnaud). Used to go to their productions quite often in the late 50s but that was after Peter's dy.

Wow! To put things in perspective, 1947 was the year my late father was born!

We had an actor here who started his career when Peter was born and stopped one or two years ago, a few months before he died... at 108! He had been on stage for 90 years!

Back