The Weather

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
A Few thunder storms over wine towers this evening,anyone else getting a storm tonight

We had an amazing storm here, it started just before six and finished about 30mins ago. Fantastic I love it

Calmer now but ferocious at 7.30 -lightning but the thunder was some distance!

Mind you there will be more thunder and lightning later - have a dental appointment later on and my upper right molars hurt!!

The storm went on until 2pm,then rain on and off till 6am,now we have more storms and a lot more rain,great

Calmer now but ferocious at 7.30 -lightning but the thunder was some distance!

Mind you there will be more thunder and lightning later - have a dental appointment later on and my upper right molars hurt!!

Good luck with the dentist Rod

:D You have to laugh dont you!! Weeks ago I asked for someone from the council to look at the down pipe and its associated guttering.They sent a contactor last friday who could find nothing wrong leaving me with the impression he thought I had wasted his time and must have imagined it!! Last nights storm proved me right but such is the system for repairs ,they will probably be back on a dry day! :-\ I considered taking a photo but it needs a better camera than mine and a better photographer!! ;) ;)

It seems for a while it took the power out,then when it came back the internet would not work for some time

Just curious, from a US point of view, how do you get
power and internet?? Guess I can see a power cut
taking down internet if it depends on a powered
modem of some sort, but here in the archaic US we
get internet via DSL which comes in, independent
of the power, on the landline phone feed. The desktop
maybe be dead, but the laptop, battery powered, boots
up and catches the landline feed and on we go.

Just curious, from a US point of view, how do you get
power and internet?? Guess I can see a power cut
taking down internet if it depends on a powered
modem of some sort, but here in the archaic US we
get internet via DSL which comes in, independent
of the power, on the landline phone feed. The desktop
maybe be dead, but the laptop, battery powered, boots
up and catches the landline feed and on we go.

Hi, the router is powered by the mains,so normally if the mains fails so does the router,so no internet. Yes the DSL is on the phone line and tonight during the storm even though my router was still running as I have a UPS,I think the storm may of caused our tiny local exchange to hiccup and for a short while we had no DSL

Uninterrupted Power Supply,worth every penny,the computer and router are connected to this,the UPS to the power socket,if the power drops within 2 minutes the computer does a controlled shut down,the router stays running and I can carry on with the internet as long as the laptop battery holds out

Back