Time Fly's

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
It only seems a short time back that we had Christmas,followed by floods in parts of the UK yet here we are almost in May.

I can always remember my dad saying to me when I was about 15 years old,wait until you get older time just fly's past, at that age a day seemed to go on forever,and I thought this was just a saying he had,how true this fact has come to be and I am sure it is not just me,now I had better get on and start writing my Christmas cards before it past the last posting day

Agree with the both of you. I just stumbled on a video on my son's YouTube that he posted about being depressed turning 18.:'( My son is unique. He was 9 yrs of age, with the mind of a young adult. He was just giving youngsters advice on the importance of doing well in school earlier than his Jr. year of high school. How important it is to do well in school , and choosing friends wisely and enjoy your youth. He had a quote that seems important. " I would rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies". Meaning better to have 4 solid good friends than to have many friends. Quantity is not always the best. Time is flying by us all. Make the best of it.

It only seems a short time back that we had Christmas,followed by floods in parts of the UK yet here we are almost in May.

I can always remember my dad saying to me when I was about 15 years old,wait until you get older time just fly's past, at that age a day seemed to go on forever,and I thought this was just a saying he had,how true this fact has come to be and I am sure it is not just me,now I had better get on and start writing my Christmas cards before it past the last posting day

Funny you should mention Xmas, UK GOLD, What's Santa Brought For Nora Then.

I once read somewhere that the psychological reason for the phenomenon is that time seems to slow down when we're in the midst of a new experience, and the younger one is, the more new experiences there are each day. As we age, there are fewer and fewer new experiences to be had, so time seems to speed up.

Being swamped with routine work and feeling as though there aren't enough hours in the day to complete it probably has a speeding-up effect, too.

Marianna

Back