The Bidding Roon
The Vintage French Farmhouse
Antiques Road Trip
Bargain Hunt
Cash in the Attic
Flog it
Dickensons real deal

I watch some of them but feel there are too many

Yeah and try and get what they tell you it's worth, unless you have something really rare, or can verify Elvis owned it, etc, good luck! I agree, overdone..

Are there too many Antiques shows on TV

Antiques Roadshow
The Bidding Roon
The Vintage French Farmhouse
Antiques Road Trip
Bargain Hunt
Cash in the Attic
Flog it
Dickensons real deal

I watch some of them but feel there are too many
Put 'celebrity' in front of each of those and hey presto you've got 8 more original programmes according to the tv companies!!!!!

Flog It! and ART (not the celebs) are the only two I watch. They are both excellent programs which educate and entertain.

Bargain Hunt is the one I've never got into, seems very cheap TV. There's also The Yorkshire Auction House and The Edinburgh Auction House on Quest/Really.

There are two or three of these shows on WETA UK (US) and they are not really remarkable with bids on household treasures, restoration of household treasures and auction, etc. The auction usually consists of the auctioneer, 20 or so people in attendance, and of course, a computer link for those bidding online.

Flog It! and ART (not the celebs) are the only two I watch. They are both excellent programs which educate and entertain.

Bargain Hunt is the one I've never got into, seems very cheap TV. There's also The Yorkshire Auction House and The Edinburgh Auction House on Quest/Really.
I used to watch Bargain Hunt. I believe there was one episode where a lady had several very beautiful and authentic micro-mosaics, which were NOT CHEAP and went for beaucoup pounds.

Most of the shows mentioned like Bargain Hunt are cheap to make , daytime TV fillers that's why they are always on the schedule. There was an article about some of the secrets of Bargain Hunt you may wish to read.

Father, it's been several days since my last confession...... But I have to confess Bargain Hunt is my lazy pleasure and I find it easy to watch. I even went to Oswestry Showground a few years back to watch it be filmed. Which interestingly is where the old army billets were, so Cpl Dewhurst would have been posted there sometime too :p

I enjoy an occasional Antique Roadshow on the Maryland and Washington DC public television stations. However, they are now pushing "Celebrity Antique Roadshow." It turns me off whenever such a show or gameshow does a celebrity edition because it becomes all about the celebrity. However, if I am not mistaken, I do recall a Bernard Cribbins Antique road trip.

Last edited:
Back