Toothpaste.

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Reaction score
Any one else having trouble with their toothpaste?? I do not leave it in the window so the sun can get to it ( on the end of the bath actually). Every time I use it though it comes out of the tube soft and squidgy. You could almost pour it .I know the heat must be playing a part but short of leaving it in the fridge ??? ??? Its only lately I've had this problem so any advice will be gratefully received.:)

Keep it out the sun, have you got a draw or shelve you have put it on for now? You could leave a note where you used to keep it to tell you where it lives now! ;D

Failing that get the pump dispenser variety its less likely to heat up so quick. :13:

Not having any problem here Dick and our bathrooms get very hot when the sun is out,so maybe it is just the brand you are using,take no notice of Pearl she uses Sterodent

Keep it out the sun, have you got a draw or shelve you have put it on for now? You could leave a note where you used to keep it to tell you where it lives now! ;D

Failing that get the pump dispenser variety its less likely to heat up so quick. :13:

I done that!!Its on the ledge at the end of the bath out of the sun!:13:

And its still soft?
Try the pumps then. If you go to Wilko there cheaper :21:

Not having any problem here Dick and our bathrooms get very hot when the sun is out,so maybe it is just the brand you are using,take no notice of Pearl she uses Sterodent

Colgate actually! ;D

On the topic of toothpaste - why has it nearly all got sodium saccharine in?

This is sweetener and I just dislike the taste of sweetener - rather have it unsweet at all than that.

I think I must be unusually sensitive to saccharine as I can taste it in low calories drinks - which I avoid.

Saccharine??? Wow, not sure if ours in the states has it in it or not. I have been using baking soda, and some peroxide for about 2 years now. Trying to get away from all of the additives companies are putting in products. Have not experienced anything like that before Dick. Odd though you are having heatwave , and paste is melting?????:30:

Saccharine??? Wow, not sure if ours in the states has it in it or not. I have been using baking soda, and some peroxide for about 2 years now. Trying to get away from all of the additives companies are putting in products. Have not experienced anything like that before Dick. Odd though you are having heatwave , and paste is melting?????:30:

Not sure why Brenda, I am using the cheaper shops for my regular Aquafresh so I can save a few pennies. However I have read about the number of "fake brands" that are reaching the high street and am wondering if that is the reason?? :confused:

I just checked my sons Colgate and Sodium Sacchairne is in it also, among other names that are hard to pronounce.:mad:

Don't buy Colgate from poundstretcher. You cant even squeeze it out of the tube.!!

I have found one from USA that does not contain sweetener - Tom's but many seem to have it in.

The answer is very simple. They are stretching the toothpaste by adding more liquid. I remember toothpaste when it came out of the tube thicker and drier so that you could just lay the toothpaste upon the toothbrush. That is actually more sanitary than squishing the toothpaste onto the toothbrush as the toothpaste can become contaminated. On that note, if children share toothpaste and they all squish (yes, a highly technical term) the toothpaste onto their toothbrush, and one is ill, it's possible that the toothpaste could become means of spreading germs. Something to think about.

When I was younger you used to get something called dentifrice (if i recall correctly) which was powder.

Sold in round tins - bet that did not have sweetener in it.

Back
Top Bottom