Twiglets

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Not had these for a few years, so we bought some to nibble on over the Christmas period, I really liked these but Not the current variation, which are very short in length and taste disgusting, I handed them round and evreybody that tried them thought the same, why oh why would you change an age old product into something that tasted like dry cement

Oh! You just reminded me I bought pretzels, not sure where I hid them now!!
Twiglets were always disgusting!
But having started this, him in doors handed me a variety of presents for xmas then Boxing Day remembered he'd bought me chocolates so I was handed them on Tuesday on Wednesday he was tidying something away in the shed when he appeared with a stone owl that he'd squiraled away a few weeks ago and forget about so xmas has lasted 3 days in this house 4 when I find the blooming pretzels!

Yuk! Aren't Twiglets Marmite flavoured either you love or hate them? My sister loves Marmite and ate them all the time when we were kids but I couldn't stand them not liking Marmite. I'm guessing you do like the taste of Marmite Terry?

Yuk! Aren't Twiglets Marmite flavoured either you love or hate them? My sister loves Marmite and ate them all the time when we were kids but I couldn't stand them not liking Marmite. I'm guessing you do like the taste of Marmite Terry?
Well there are supposed to have the Marmite taste Barry, but these taste like rusty nails and dry cement

Are you sure its not simply that your taste has changed and the twiglets are the same and you are living on the memories of yesteryear which may be a bit clouded now . I have a similar experience . As a kid I was given a spoonful of Virol malt extract which I loved so I headed to Holland and Barrett for a jar of malt extract . I have had one spoonful so far and that was a struggle pretty sure I will be emptying the jar into the bin and winging the jar into the recycling bin.

Are you sure its not simply that your taste has changed and the twiglets are the same and you are living on the memories of yesteryear which may be a bit clouded now . I have a similar experience . As a kid I was given a spoonful of Virol malt extract which I loved so I headed to Holland and Barrett for a jar of malt extract . I have had one spoonful so far and that was a struggle pretty sure I will be emptying the jar into the bin and winging the jar into the recycling bin.
I have asked other folk from my generation who have also tried them and thought the product now is terrible

They had a limited edition flavour sweet and sour a few years ago that I loved. The current twiglets now have 60% less salt and more fibre and whole grain = strange taste!

Back