What Happens Next #2

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
See if you can work out what happens next from this picture

What2.jpg

There's a wedding party in the churchyard Compo has been lifted into and Compo removes his hat and asks the vicar can he have his ball back, the episode is "A Merry Heatwave"

I agree with Darren. Merry Heatwave . . . and by the by , , where does "Can we have our ball back" come from . . . is it the Beatles movie.

where does "Can we have our ball back" come from . . . is it the Beatles movie.

Does it come from any particular literary or media source as such? I used it as far back as the nineteen forties when I kicked my ball into next door's garden.

Okay, thanks Big Unc . . . I thought it might have started somewhere like . . ."Not a lot of people know that." started.

There's a wedding party in the churchyard Compo has been lifted into and Compo removes his hat and asks the vicar can he have his ball back, the episode is "A Merry Heatwave"

Well done Darren,more soon

Okay, thanks Big Unc . . . I thought it might have started somewhere like . . ."Not a lot of people know that." started.

Could not resist checking that one. First thought was erroneous - the magician Paul Daniels but was confusing it with his catchphrase, "You'll like this...not a lot, but you'll like it."

It is apparently attributed to Michael Caine much to his annoyance in that it was originated by Peter Sellars who in jest attributed it to Michael Caine.

Could not resist checking that one. First thought was erroneous - the magician Paul Daniels but was confusing it with his catchphrase, "You'll like this...not a lot, but you'll like it."

It is apparently attributed to Michael Caine much to his annoyance in that it was originated by Peter Sellars who in jest attributed it to Michael Caine.

Yes, it seems Michael Caine used to read a Record Book, maybe Ripley's. And on breaks filming and at social occasions he would state a record and add "Not many people know that." Got changed to Not a lot of people know that. I ask because Clegg says it once and so does Richard Bucket in KUA. Peter Sellers did a great impersonation of Caine . . . apologies for being off subject.

Back