What Would You Do?

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
Long story short, well as short as I can get it. My son gave me a 50inche tv. Didn't want a big one but son decided differently. My old tv had a dvd player in it but the new one didn't so I dusted off a couple of players we had but the cable didn't match up to the back of the tv so ordered from Amazon a new cable, that arrived the next day, which was Friday, also on Friday I decided to get a new remote control for it so ordered one on Amazon which arrived on Saturday, ( still with me? Well done ) put batteries in the remote and bingo worked great so left good feedback and 5 stars straight away however I couldn't hook the dvd player up to the tv, tried to different plays but none worked, my son looked at the cable and said he thought because the cable had deep kinks in it the wiring might be damaged so I started a returns claim and just ordered a new dvd player. Fast forward to 7 30 am Sunday I get a message saying if you have any problems with the item you purchased please get in touch! Now this part is my fault and I own up to that, I said the cable doesn't work, it has deep kinks in it and so think the wiring is damaged inside so that's why I've started a return on it. An hour later I get another message saying sorry this happened please don't send the remote back we'll just refund you!??!!? So I'm thinking what the hell is he on about and then I read the first message again! And realise it's from the remote control seller who I'd given good feedback and 5 stars to and not the cable seller, at this point I messaged back and said please don't refund me I've made a mistake it's not the remote it's something else. Sorry for the confusion. An hour later I get a notification saying I'd been refunded, so I messaged again and said no please send an invoice to pay you back I'm happy with the remote! They message back saying, we're glad you're were able to help you out with this have a nice day!
I've messaged Amazon and explained but they don't give a hoot because I'm a happy customer but I'm not! I want to pay this seller. Grrrrr
So what would you do? And if you got through all that well done.

I know of at least one other person with EXACTLY the same issue, and they;re not too far away.................

I mean who messages someone who gave good feedback and 5 stars looking for bother.
You'd think I'd be happy that out of 3 items I've only actually paid for 1 but its bugged me!
Talking of bugs Tony why have the smiles stopped working?

Let's take a page out of Auntie Wainwright's book and try to frequent the second hand shops, the local shops, etc. I know that concerning TVs, DVD players, remotes, etc. that you need a real good electronics store. A store that you can walk in and discuss what you need to enable you to walk out with the correct items, the first time.

Speaking of Amazon, I came home, and found that the Amazon truck was parked very awkwardly and I barely had enough room to get the car into its spot. The driver eventually appeared.

Back