Where's Woolies?

When I was a young child I used to adore the pick n mix sweet counters then as I got older I used to buy my cd's from there. Then when i first set up home I used to get quite a bit of my hardware from there. It was the shop where you could find most things, but I'm guessing the interweb put paid to that....

I loved their Christmas TV ads when I was younger, all the then super gadgets you could buy, not that we could afford them

Woolies was great for finding anything. From Toys to records . Pick and mix and I miss it very much. Our local Woolies became Top Shop for 14 years until last year it became Urban Outfitters. A revival is due surely

Woolies was great for finding anything. From Toys to records . Pick and mix and I miss it very much. Our local Woolies became Top Shop for 14 years until last year it became Urban Outfitters. A revival is due surely
It was reassuring to read in the news last week that Poundland says the Wilko shops they took over are doing really well and making a profit....

OF all things I miss in Woolies it was their Cafe and specifically their Sausage and Mash with lashings of gravy which i would be offered every week when my parents took me into Newcastle . A bit like the Twiglets thread I have never successfully recreated the taste I remember from all those years ago.

Their pic n mix, particularly when reduced, was a joy to indulge in and it was remarkable the range of stock they had. They are sorely missed after failed attempt to stay afloat online following the high street demise.

Back