Xmas Presents for the Loved ones.

I can sympathise with that, I used to take my life in my hands if I insisted on speaking to 'er indoors while she was ironing ! The kids knew when to disappear ! In the end it was more peaceful to let her watch Soaps as she ironed.:fp::08:

You get what you pay for, deffinalty go for quality. Mine arrived today, I heard mumblings of.... how am I going wrap that up? ...

I can sympathise with that, I used to take my life in my hands if I insisted on speaking to 'er indoors while she was ironing ! The kids knew when to disappear ! In the end it was more peaceful to let her watch Soaps as she ironed.:fp::08:
Not a soap fan so for me it's a film or Judge Judy.

Having spent the afternoon scouring Amazon for my own xmas presents because I married someone without a clue, he usually gets one of the girls to do his thinking for him, I can only assume both told him no this year so I've entered a few items into the Amazon basket and told him to pick a couple, he going to look tomorrow and see if he can work out how to pay for it! :fp: It got me wondering how you all come up with ideas for your loved ones? And have you ever got it wrong big style? :eek:
Just get him something that you would like yourself! Something in the realm of books, music, food, etc. Then you can't go wrong.

One year, shortly after buying my first house and beginning to learn some do-it-yourself skills, my heart's desire was a socket set. My sister gave it to me, and when I went back to work after the holidays my colleagues asked me what I had been given. When I told them and added that it was exactly what I wanted, the men commented on how easy I was to buy for.

Another year, I put a particular make and model of cordless drill at the top of my list. My sister gave me that, too. I've gotten a lot of use out of both tools.

Now all the people I exchange gifts with get gift cards for the sources where they can by the items on their wish lists, and my wish list consists of gift cards, too. The only exception is if someone asks for a contribution to a particular charity. That always takes top priority.

Back