Your bête noire?

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
Having spent excessive time in supermarkets of late have decided that my bête noire is probably buffoons wandering around with a mobile telephone connected to an ear. Somehow the poor simpletons go out of their way to get in my road. And just a wee bit behind is couples in supermarkets. Somehow they cannot resist debating every purchase and getting into everone else's way in the process.

Back to mobile telephones, the banning of their use when driving was highly sensible and long overdue. I would go further and ban totally including hands free use. Based on behaviour of pedestrian users of mobiles I am convinced that although their eyes are open user is effectively blind. If I have to use a mobile telephone out in the open, a rare occurrence, I will only do so stationary and in a place/position not to obstruct any one else who is on the move.

Agree with every word Unc ,and add a rider for couples who meet "friends" in the very aisle that you find you need. The husbands unless they have common ground (cars or sport etc) are usually glazed eyed and they all look at you as if you have two heads if you ask to get by!! >:( ::)

PS The mobile user on foot often has a child in tow but is oblivious to them. :eek: The mind boggles at what they would say if the child has an accident :eek: It would have to be some one elses fault of course!! ::)

PS The mobile user on foot often has a child in tow but is oblivious to them. :eek: The mind boggles at what they would say if the child has an accident :eek: It would have to be some one elses fault of course!! ::)

Dick, I totally agree, it grinds the hell out of my when I see people on their phones whilst 20 feet behind them their child/childred are wondering about. I've seen them just wonder out onto the road and not even looking back to if the kids got cross the road OK!!

Have to say I concur.

My preferred use of supermarkets is after 20.00 when they are quieter, but the only snag is that the stock levels are lower although sometimes you get discounted lines of bakery items that need a quick sale.

Back