I almost forgot to say

Was going to ask, did it take a while for members to build up on this forum when it was launched. Just asking as I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get the members built up on the RC forum?

Was going to ask, did it take a while for members to build up on this forum when it was launched. Just asking as I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get the members built up on the RC forum?
Well we are 15 years old and have almost 1000 members, so yes it did take some time for it to build up, I have promoted it on several FB groups and had several likes, so far none of those have turned into new members, but just looking at the moment

The guy William Hanson who does the The Keeping Up Appearances The Luxury Podcast has 2.4m followers on FB I'm informed and Jonathan Vernon Smith the other chap has around 10k followers. My wife informs me they've just posted about their next Keeping Up Appearances podcast which starts in April. I'm not well up on this sort of thing, but is there anyway the summerwine facebook page could reach out to them as if it's promoted to 2.4m that would make an almighty difference. I did chat to Jonathan for a bit after their show and he seems a nice guy. Perhaps if they know Roy has given the site his support that may help?

Well we are 15 years old and have almost 1000 members, so yes it did take some time for it to build up, I have promoted it on several FB groups and had several likes, so far none of those have turned into new members, but just looking at the moment
I feel like a member of an exclusive mega cool club. That's why the growth is slow but steady, for that is the sign of cool. If Miles Davis was alive he'd be a member.

15 Years, a fabulous achievement for sure. I think I speak for everyone that we're eternally grateful not only to the show itself for bringing a smile to get us through the toughest times but this site as well for keeping those precious memories going and flowing. You can't rely on Seymour's inventions but you can rely on this place to be there for you.

The guy William Hanson who does the The Keeping Up Appearances The Luxury Podcast has 2.4m followers on FB I'm informed and Jonathan Vernon Smith the other chap has around 10k followers. My wife informs me they've just posted about their next Keeping Up Appearances podcast which starts in April. I'm not well up on this sort of thing, but is there anyway the summerwine facebook page could reach out to them as if it's promoted to 2.4m that would make an almighty difference. I did chat to Jonathan for a bit after their show and he seems a nice guy. Perhaps if they know Roy has given the site his support that may help?
One could just ask, couldn't one.

15 Years, a fabulous achievement for sure. I think I speak for everyone that we're eternally grateful not only to the show itself for bringing a smile to get us through the toughest times but this site as well for keeping those precious memories going and flowing. You can't rely on Seymour's inventions but you can rely on this place to be there for you.
I second that ;) :42::42:

15 years! Seems like only yesterday!

Age definition and it's public reveal has always been the prerogative of ladies , sculpting of a lady's age [no not going under the knife] is apparently quite a common practice hence Pearl's assertion is perhaps to be expected .................. I have had it haven't I Oh no did In really say that :13::eek:

People have suggested various reboots and spinoffs of the show over the years. I put forward that this forum is that continuation. All the lore, deep-dives and anecdotal storytelling happens here - the season 32 that never ends.
Happy 15th!
Things come to an end and LOTSW carried on probably waaay too long. I know people may not like that but I think it became a bit predictable and a tad tedious. Not because of the writing or acting but because ideas based on such a model soon start to fade. It ended for a reason.
But I love it. It's an oasis of sanity in an often insane world.
Thank God for LOTSW.

Things come to an end and LOTSW carried on probably waaay too long. I know people may not like that but I think it became a bit predictable and a tad tedious. Not because of the writing or acting but because ideas based on such a model soon start to fade. It ended for a reason.
But I love it. It's an oasis of sanity in an often insane world.
Thank God for LOTSW.
I do agree with all your points, but I've always maintained a LOTSW running in 2nd gear was still vastly superior to most of it's competition even today. 85% of films released each year are totally predictable from beginning to end and that doesn't seem to affect their popularity.....

Back