1982 Christmas Special; All Mod Conned

wstol

Dedicated Member
This was filmed as part of Series Seven, the first proper episode was shown soon after in the New Year.

This is one of those episodes which was getting rarer and rarer where the trio leave Holmfirth and go away somewhere.

There's something uncharacteristic about this episode, but it's still brilliant.

Loved it.
Foggy "What are you doing in there?"
Compo "I live here you great tulip!"
I laugh every time I watch it.Actually I laugh all the way through it.

One of the few not completely set in Holmfirth or the surrounding area ,the caravan was at Spurn Point on the Humber estuary.Best bits IMO Compo falling through the roof of the caravan,and also getting the better of Ivy for once :)

One of the few not completely set in Holmfirth or the surrounding area ,the caravan was at Spurn Point on the Humber estuary.Best bits IMO Compo falling through the roof of the caravan,and also getting the better of Ivy for once :)
Thanks for the Spurn Point info, I thought it looked familiar! We were down that way around 20years ago with the inlaws. ;)

Thanks for the Spurn Point info, I thought it looked familiar! We were down that way around 20years ago with the inlaws. ;)
Welcome,got it from the Vine book

This was an excellent episode, in fact all of the 80s specials were a thinbg of beauty (barring Dream Acres which irritated me more than entertained me) unlike later nonsense like Siuations Vacant and Entwistle and Jackson Day.
The early 80s specials are amongst my favourite ever.

I loved the whole episode, too! Especially everybody laughing at Compo in the cafe, concealing it by coughing, and everything when they had arrived at the caravan.

One of my favorite LOTSW episodes ever! Foggy getting tossed out of the station waiting room and Compo falling over in the outhouse were notable moments! Then, when they burn down the caravan in a vain attempt to fix it up, that was the proverbial icing on the cake!

This special and series seven which immediately followed saw the brief return of Sydney Lotterby.

Back