23-24

Have received Series 23 - 24 (i.e 22 - 23!), and have thoroughly enjoyed watching them again. Quality good too. The performances by Dora Bryan as Auntie Roz were truly brilliant, she really lit the screen up. I'm inclined to believe that if she and Keith Clifford had stayed in the show, it would still be running now. Despite their known talents, Russ Abbot, as the new third man/ group clown, and even the great June Whitfield as Pearls' new 'companion', were just not in the same league. Ah well, what might have been!

Have received Series 23 - 24 (i.e 22 - 23!), and have thoroughly enjoyed watching them again. Quality good too. The performances by Dora Bryan as Auntie Roz were truly brilliant, she really lit the screen up. I'm inclined to believe that if she and Keith Clifford had stayed in the show, it would still be running now. Despite their known talents, Russ Abbot, as the new third man/ group clown, and even the great June Whitfield as Pearls' new 'companion', were just not in the same league. Ah well, what might have been!

I understand your sentiment fully, Thanetmick. I used to despise Hobbo as well. However, the third rotation of the Hobbo years recently aired here. I almost didn't watch it and thought of taking a break from the show instead. However, I gave the era one more try and was surprised to find it was still quite good. Hobbo is pretty good after all, it is just that he is so different that it takes some getting accustomed to it.

Slight mistake on the back cover..they list Brian Murphy among the cast, but he doesn't appear in any of the episodes on the set.

Some good episodes on this set though

Another mistake on the back cover - 'A Musical Passing For A Miserable Muscroft' is listed as the 2nd episode on Disc 3, whereas in fact it is, correctly, the last episode on Disc 4, as per the proper sequential order.

Back