2nd Policeman??

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Did we ever see the second policeman drive the car??? I cant remember an episode where he did. I only remember Cooper(Ken Kitson) driving. :confused: :30:

Last edited:
I don't remember anyone other than Cooper driving but if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected toot sweet.

As both Tony Capstick (I think it was) and Louis Emerick were shown as second policeman before names bestowed, it would seem to fit that first policeman was the one who drove and, as already surmised, that was Ken Kitson.

As both Tony Capstick (I think it was) and Louis Emerick were shown as second policeman before names bestowed, it would seem to fit that first policeman was the one who drove and, as already surmised, that was Ken Kitson.
I'd gathered that Barmpot my friend, I just could not recollect if the second policeman was ever shown driving the car!???

LOL I think the few times we actually saw them driving, the first guy was the one driving. I never saw the second cop drive, but I could be wrong since I haven't seen all the episodes.

Not totally on message (am I ever) but this triggered me to check point I had noted on IMDb listings before. For Ken Kitson's appearances he gets listed variously as 'PC Cooper', '1st PC', 'Policeman (uncredited)' in 'The General's Greatest Battle', 'Policeman', '1st Policeman', 'PC #1 ', 'Police Constable' AND, and this is specifically what I was wanting to recheck:
'2nd P.C.' in 'Support Your Local Skydiver' and 'There Goes the Groom'
'2nd Policeman' in 'Stop That Bath'
'the Second Policeman' in 'Stop That Castle!'
'Second Policeman' in 'Happy Birthday, Howard'

In other words, he was mostly, but not always, First Policeman.

I do just have vague memories of seeing Tony Capstick at the wheel.

Having thought about this a wee bit today, I suppose it is a standard comedy technique/ploy with a pair of characters like our two policemen to always have them in the same relative positions. I think Waldorf and Statler always sat on the same side of their box.

Mmmm - I shall have to watch all those programmes to check - talk to you in three months ;D;D

they would be earlier ones such as those with Ken Kitson shown as policeman 2.

Not totally on message (am I ever) but this triggered me to check point I had noted on IMDb listings before. For Ken Kitson's appearances he gets listed variously as 'PC Cooper', '1st PC', 'Policeman (uncredited)' in 'The General's Greatest Battle', 'Policeman', '1st Policeman', 'PC #1 ', 'Police Constable' AND, and this is specifically what I was wanting to recheck:
'2nd P.C.' in 'Support Your Local Skydiver' and 'There Goes the Groom'
'2nd Policeman' in 'Stop That Bath'
'the Second Policeman' in 'Stop That Castle!'
'Second Policeman' in 'Happy Birthday, Howard'

In other words, he was mostly, but not always, First Policeman.

I got curious so checked out the times he was listed as 2nd Policeman.
In each of those instances he was still the driver of the police car except in "Support Your Local Skydiver." In that one Ken was being chased down the road by the remote control vehicle while Tony stood by the car.

I didn't check out the episodes where he was listed as 1st policeman.

Marilyn

Well thanks for this rapid checking for us.

So Marilyn still the driver if Tony was only stood there. So any instances of not driving would be when named as first policeman, and there are a lot of those to check.

Back