3 Men and a Mangle

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone else noticed that when Seymour is sitting on the wall outside Nora's watching Clegg and Compo struggle with the mangle, he gets to the point where he cannot resist telling them they and not doing it correctly , as he walks towards them, he unbuttons his jacket, if he had not done this then his tie would not of got caught in the mangle

Yes Terry. It certainly looks like he should have unbuttoned before he sat on the wall. It's a classic episode one of my favourite's

The tie scene was mirrored in Truly's case in A PICKUP OF THE LATER MING DYNASTY!:mad:

That was a good tie!:confused:

Your thread Terry has reminded me of a thought I was going to put on the forum. When ever I watch the Seymour year's it seem's that the trio really got on well with each other in real life and to me that come's across on screen. Anyone else agree?

I spent some years looking for the viaduct used in this episode, only by accident did I discover it was about 6 miles from where I lived at the time

Your thread Terry has reminded me of a thought I was going to put on the forum. When ever I watch the Seymour year's it seem's that the trio really got on well with each other in real life and to me that come's across on screen. Anyone else agree?

It does come across and from what I've read that was the case. Owen and Sallis both got along much better with Michael Aldridge then they did with Brian Wilde. It's a testament to their acting that the issues they had with Wilde didn't spill over into the series.

One of my favourites especially the mangle hitting the police car and Ely mistaking the mangle for an MG

Back