A chatty...happy Wally Batty ???????

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
I was just thinking.......remember " A Merry Heatwave".......when Wally and the [very sad and morose] Nora burst into the cafe.......his whole demeanor seemed to have changed...he was so chatty,lively and gregarious !!!...his banter was delivered like a machine gun compared to his usual hangdog self [just check it out yourselves !!!].....when he stated he was "going to take her for a look around town...you know....to take her out of herself "it was delivered with real gusto !!!!.....now the question is.....was he just having a really good day [like Howard was when he realised that Pearl was going on a picnic with the ladies on Mrs Avery's minibus..." LEFT !!!,LEFT" !!!].....or.......was he really happy that "our Billy" Nora's brother was on his last legs in Australia ????.....my Summerwine family members.....over to you !!!!.
X!.

compared to his usual hangdog self

He ain't nothin like a hangdog
Moanin all the time
He ain't nothin like a hangdog
Moanin all the time
Caught like a rabbit in the headlights
he was just pretending to be fine

Well they said you was depressed
but that was just a lie
Well they said you was depressed
but that was just a lie
You ain't no rabbit in the headlights
and Nora ain't no fiend of mine.

Word and Lyrics Elvis Howard Sibshaw

I may have it mixed up with another episode, but was that one of the times one of his pigeons won a competition? Wally perhaps had hidden depths; he was really excited about yodeling once as well, and he participated in things like the Bullocks and dressing up as a cowboy.

That was "Greenfingers" Eithne...when Nora wanted to phone a cab to get the VERY drunk very HAPPY Wally home after his pigeon apparently winning a race......only to return into the bar and exclaim...." THERE IS A CARROT ON THE PHONE !!!!"......our intrepid trio bring the giant plastic vegetable into the bar....and on seeing the giant orange pointy thing Wally's eyes nearly jump out of his head.
x!

I may have it mixed up with another episode, but was that one of the times one of his pigeons won a competition? Wally perhaps had hidden depths; he was really excited about yodeling once as well, and he participated in things like the Bullocks and dressing up as a cowboy.
It did happen in a Merry Heatwave. Wally won't tell everyone why Nora was weeping as he's excited about his pigeons and the fact that he "won another second this week, with a young un!"

Back