A Quiet Drink

George

Super Moderator
Watching Summer Wine I thought it would've been really interesting to spend an hour or two in the company of Gordon Wharmby.He looks like he would have been exactly the same on or off screen.
I wondered who you would choose to spend time with.

I would like to have spent time with Brian Wilde as I have always liked the many different parts he took as an actor,my wife would shoot me as she cant stand Foggy!

Difficult (apart from the obvious, the "Cleggy privilege" ;D), from the few who I have already seen briefly I liked Jean Ferguson very much and Burt Kwouk is also very nice. I wish Geoffrey Bayldon had been in LOTSW, then I´d have chosen him.

Difficult (apart from the obvious, the "Cleggy privilege" ;D), from the few who I have already seen briefly I liked Jean Ferguson very much and Burt Kwouk is also very nice. I wish Geoffrey Bayldon had been in LOTSW, then I´d have chosen him.

He was in Adopted by a Stray :)

And a cracking job he made of it aswell. Broadbent was excellent.

He was in Adopted by a Stray :)

Ahhh, I forgot about that, thank you! Okay, then him, I have met him briefly last year, such a sweet nice man!

I don't have a single choice on who to have a quiet drink with. Summer Wine exhibits my model of a great retirement. I like Foggy and Seymour but there is a certain "chilled" and easy going presence of Truly. So it would be a dream come true to sit at the pub with either Truly, Clegg, and Compo, or Truly, Clegg, and Billy.

The ladies are great as well. Even though I am a guy without a single feminine quality, I would have loved to have a coffee with the ladies. However, I wouldn't dare go for the prize pastry.

My answers are of characters and not the people behind the show. If I were to choose a really person, it would have to be Roy Clarke!

I would have enjoyed a natter with Brian Wilde and Peter Sallis.For the ladies it would be Jean Fergusson and Sarah Thomas,actually,i wouldnt have minded a date with Sarah Thomas :-[ ;D.
It would also be nice to have a cuppa with Alan Bell and Roy Clarke.

Hector.

I think I would feel most at home with Peter Sallis but have to agree that Roy Clarke and Alan Bell would be a good choice ...

I already casted my vote for Roy Clarke. I would love to pick his brain about the creation of Summer Wine (as well as Keeping Up Appearances and Open All Hours).

If picking an actor it would be Peter Sallis to get a good insight from his experience with Summer Wine from beginning to end.

I already casted my vote for Roy Clarke. I would love to pick his brain about the creation of Summer Wine (as well as Keeping Up Appearances and Open All Hours).

If picking an actor it would be Peter Sallis to get a good insight from his experience with Summer Wine from beginning to end.

and quite a good career prior to SW too

Peter Sallis is a bit of a "Dark horse"......... He's always seemed rather cool and disinterested in LOSW when he's been on interviews, talking about the show. That's always struck me as being a bit odd.
I picked up the same vibe when he was giving a tribute to Bill Owen shortly after Bill's death..........rather emotionless about the whole thing.
Did anyone else notice that ?

Unfortunately, all the cast members I would like to chat with have since passed on. Of the surviving ones, I'd have to choose Peter Sallis, Frank Thornton, Jane Freeman, Josephine Tewson, Juliette Kaplan and Robert Fyfe.

Back