A Stephen Lewis Story

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Before he was Smiler he played Blakey in On the Buses. A local resident to me used to be a manager at a bus depot in Sheffield, he was telling me this story today and supplied the pictures to go with it.
He was informed by a staff member that a chap dressed up like Blakey was wandering around the depot, so he went to check on this and it was Stephen looking for somewhere to park a Labour rally bus overnight, the company agreed and Stephen came into the office for a chat, he then spotted a the really nice inspector hat badge and said it was much nicer than the one supplied for the TV show, so our resident handed over his own hat badge.
SLm.jpgSLn.jpg

Great story and pictures! Thanks for sharing. It is nice to see that Stephen does not mind being affectionately referred to by the characters he has played.

Before he was Smiler he played Blakey in On the Buses. A local resident to me used to be a manager at a bus depot in Sheffield, he was telling me this story today and supplied the pictures to go with it.
He was informed by a staff member that a chap dressed up like Blakey was wandering around the depot, so he went to check on this and it was Stephen looking for somewhere to park a Labour rally bus overnight, the company agreed and Stephen came into the office for a chat, he then spotted a the really nice inspector hat badge and said it was much nicer than the one supplied for the TV show, so our resident handed over his own hat badge.
View attachment 5971View attachment 5972
So what is the story? Did Stephen Lewis actually drive a bus? When they gave him the Hoopty (car), Tom always drove it.

Back