A Summer Wine weekend

• Thread starter Thread starter gill
  • Start date Start date
G

gill

Hi all. As some of you may have noticed the Rugby Six Nation's start's Sat. My hubby love's rugby, I'm don't like rugby, while he's watching that I'm going to get our SW dvd's out get a box of choc's and indulge in some of my fave Summer Wine episode's. Trouble is by the time the Six Nation's has finished I'll have to join Weight Watcher's!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Open the chocolate's with care remember what Pearl found when Howard swiped the Chocolate Box from Hobbo's . You could try and set a target one episode watched earns 1 chocolate from the box . Rugby game is 80 minutes three games this weekend, 30 minutes per episode so you can watch 8 in the time the Rugby is on so 8 chocolates isn't bad or have I drifted into the world of fantasy and is scenario simply open box -> eat all chocolates-> recycle box. :)

If they are Quality Street I passed the factory the other day - it is in Halifax next door to the railway station.
Given the Six Nations Rugby is held over a number of weeks might be an idea to pop in and ask them to increase Production to ensure Gill has a enough to get her through the coming weeks.

I think I'll do the latter Capt and all because the lady love's Milk Tray!!

I love Milk Tray or should I say "did"! I have a box the other week and they have changed the turkish delight for some horrid apple flavoured monstrosity.
Cadbury's have gone downhill fast since the takeover, the chocolate is no longer creamy and soft but seems to have a coating on it.
Sorry for the rant but can't mess with an Englishwoman's chocolate at expect to get away with it scot free.
When I emailed them last year about messing with the Cream Eggs I fully expected to get arrested for malicious mail.
Oh and I hate rugby as well so its SW for me too :D

Pearl. I also like pretty well all chocolate milk or plain, I have got my supply in for the weekend!!

Hi Amos yes both are still available. I enjoyed some Dairy box a few week's ago. I do hope you are OK.

It's Six Nation's again this weekend but I won't be eating too many chocs as I am working Sat and Sun night so will be having a snooze in the afternoon while it's on before I start work, but I shall make up for it on Monday!!

It's Six Nation's again this weekend but I won't be eating too many chocs as I am working Sat and Sun night so will be having a snooze in the afternoon while it's on before I start work, but I shall make up for it on Monday!!

Mention of Six Nations here makes me briefly lose the context. In my area, that's a place name, named for the Iroquois Confederacy, a.k.a the Six Nations. They began meeting regularly at that place sometime between the 12th and the 15th centuries, continuing until the end of the Revolutionary War.

Last edited:
I don't know if you are au fait with the system Marianna but our 6 Nations were originally 4. England, Scotland ,Wales and Northern Ireland . France was added followed more recently by Italy All this to play rugby union .It is now fiercely contested by all!!

I don't know if you are au fait with the system Marianna but our 6 Nations were originally 4. England, Scotland ,Wales and Northern Ireland . France was added followed more recently by Italy All this to play rugby union .It is now fiercely contested by all!!

Our Six Nations were originally five — the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga and Seneca Nations. In 1722 the Tuscarora tribe migrated to the region, having been displaced from the Carolinas by European colonists, and were accepted into the League.

Back