A swift return

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
Hello Everyone, I am trying to return after a few years. I have overcome Obstacle #1- passwords. I got a new password and I should be good to go (I hate passwords). I am from Maryland, US, not too far from Washington DC. I am happy to say that one change in programming here is our local PBS station now plays 2 episodes of Summer Wine instead of one. Another change is a cable PBS channel, WETA-UK, now plays Summer Wine in the evening. A real blessing is it has gone High Definition. I really appreciated seeing the difference in HD, especially seeing the Blamire years in a new light.

One of the things I love about Summer Wine is how the different eras have their own characteristics. For me, Seasons 8-11, is my favorite era. It isn't necessarily because of Seymour (even though I like him), but because this era combines qualities of the old Summer Wine with the new. It has the prolonged dialogue and emphasis on the trio like the older years and well as the larger cast with the likes of Smiler, Wesley, Edie, etc.

However, I also like the early Truly years a lot as well. I like the "Summer Wind Land" quality of that era. I love how Truly has this cool and calm demeanor when there is often chaos around him.

Welcome back,glad you managed to revisit the forum, plenty of post to catch up on

Welcome back I have looked at many many threads and seen your contributions dotted all over them, always good to have fans contributing to this great forum . I hope you are well and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you regularly :)

Welcome back I have looked at many many threads and seen your contributions dotted all over them, always good to have fans contributing to this great forum . I hope you are well and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you regularly :)
Thank you, Captain. I look forward to it. Although I am teaching virtually, helping my own sons with virtual learning, and taking a college class at the same time, so time will tell how much I will be able to contribute. :)

I've read numerous posts of yours since I joined this wonderful forum a couple of years ago, but glad to see the legend is real !!! :D

Chuck, it's good to hear from you!!

I hope all is well.

I've become a bit spoiled in MD as one state now plays 2 Summer Wines a day and an evening cable channel plays the old episodes in HD.

I will be bumping into you in some of these threads.

Back