A Week to Go

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Next Friday I am heading up to Holmfirth for a few days, this time renting a house close to town as opposed to a B&B, I will advise you on my return of what the place was like,what is handy about it, it has it's own parking which is hard to find so close to town,plus you don't have to book a full week.

On the Saturday I am going to see Crusher in the Cafe which should be very entertaining and I hope to be able to get some Pictures, I believe Barmpot is going and it will be nice to see him again, so I am hoping the weather will be kind, if it stays dry will be a bonus

Terry

I'd love to have gone but I'm hoping to be at the other end of the country. ( You'll be pleased to know)

Old Bridge ?

Terry, while you are there, could you stop in at The Old Bridge, take
notes, and let me know what it's like now?

For years we would use the Old Bridge as our pub. We ate meals
out in the pub, drank their beers, and generally enjoyed being there
as a pub. (Never used the restaurant part.) People coming and going,
drinking and talking, all made for a very nice pub-asphere.

But last time in, it had changed. Our pub tables were gone, replaced
by a coffee machine (I think) and the whole atmosphere had
become very un-pub-like. Have never been back since.

Wot's it like now??

chuck

Terry, while you are there, could you stop in at The Old Bridge, take
notes, and let me know what it's like now?

For years we would use the Old Bridge as our pub. We ate meals
out in the pub, drank their beers, and generally enjoyed being there
as a pub. (Never used the restaurant part.) People coming and going,
drinking and talking, all made for a very nice pub-asphere.

But last time in, it had changed. Our pub tables were gone, replaced
by a coffee machine (I think) and the whole atmosphere had
become very un-pub-like. Have never been back since.

Wot's it like now??

chuck
Evening, we called in before a gig at the Picturedrome earlier this year. Like you said it has had a major refurbishment and now doesn't really have a pub atmosphere. Modern tables/chairs. light pine fittings and a separate coffee shop selling cakes etc. I prefer a pub to be a pub, real ale, log fire, pork scratchings and a dog under every table !

Depends how big the dog under the table is and if they are going to eat your pie !

For several years I played for a local darts team Pie Dog named so for that very reason, a large Heinz 57 scoffed one of the team players pies off the table in a pub when he was out.

Next Friday I am heading up to Holmfirth for a few days, this time renting a house close to town as opposed to a B&B, I will advise you on my return of what the place was like,what is handy about it, it has it's own parking which is hard to find so close to town,plus you don't have to book a full week.

On the Saturday I am going to see Crusher in the Cafe which should be very entertaining and I hope to be able to get some Pictures, I believe Barmpot is going and it will be nice to see him again, so I am hoping the weather will be kind, if it stays dry will be a bonus

Terry
Have a great time Terry :-)

Back