A wonderful Ivy adlib....

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
"The mysterious feet of Nora Batty" .......[one of the best EVER episodes in my humble opinion]..
Our trio have relocated from the pub to the cafe...[with a kidnapped Wally in tow !!!]...
Compo has mentioned the fact that Ivy has "a nice boooosum".....she hears him,and says "I will have no more talk about my boooosum....how would you like it we talked about your boosums ?".....whilst Compo has a quick look down his motheaten jumper at his cleavage...
It all kicks off and as usual...Ivy throws them all out....BUT...as Wally [the last one to leave] gets to the door she gives him a swift kick up the bum with her left leg...[please watch it.....it is a wonderful Ivy adlib]..........By the way...one of the best EVER lines in our wonderful series occurs when Ivy says to Wally " and I am surprised at you.....you a married man !!"...to which Wally replies "I was surprised !!!..but have you ever tried to say no to our Nora ???"....COMEDY GOLD !!!!!

Every time Ivy "ejects" our wonderful trio [be it Compo,Cleggy and Foggy/Seymour/Truly] and assorted friends it is always via the swift grab of their shirt collars...followed by a swift march to the door.
I feel that Jane Freeman added the "swift left boot up the backside" as a spur of the moment thing,as she had never done it before.......and never did it again.

It may have been scripted, or at least planned, and not an ad-lib though.

Not sure if you can kick an 80 year old actor up the backside without saying something first.

wstol.......I am absolutely 100% positive that the "big fine lass" Ivy.......[Compo's words not mine] DID NOT actually kick Wally up the backside....they were....acting.

Back