Achievement Award

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
There are any number of performances in the show by a lot of the Actors which deserve awards ,but for endurance alone , not only being the long suffering " lady friend" of Howard , Jean Fergusson deserves a special award for tackling all sorts of terrain in Heels .

I have just watched Where There's Smoke , There's a Barbecue and when Howard and Marina are carrying the bench up the track and again down when the bench has been burnt , Jean does it in Heels when Hiking Boots look more appropriate .

I really don't know how she managed to endure walking on that rough ground especially if they had several takes to get the shot right . I know they would only walk a short distance but it is some achievement.

Jean certainly deserve's a medal for tackling the rough ground in high heels I alway's thought how hard it must of of been riding a bike high heels too. I have enough trouble walking on the flat with them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I read also that Jean said she got neurotic about laddering her tights when she was out in the countryside filming as there was sometime's nowhere private for her to change them.

I read also that Jean said she got neurotic about laddering her tights when she was out in the countryside filming as there was sometime's nowhere private for her to change them.

I thought Howard liked "fish net tights "?? At least he did when he was younger!:sneaky::08:

To paraphrase the statement about Ginger Rogers, Jean did everything Robert Fyfe did, but in heels and not dressed for the temperature. Still not quite up to Sacajawea's accomplishment, though. She did everything Lewis and Clark did, postpartum and carrying her infant on her back.

I agree. She deserves more credit for being a great sport in tackling the challenges given to her. All done with a charming smile on her face as well.

I'm drawing a blank. Who is Mrs Lucy, Dick? A quick Google search is not giving me a picture or much info which episode or character she was.

Back