Admin is Moving

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Members
Just to inform you I am in the process of moving to sunny Lincolnshire, there are several reason for this and I shall miss the views in Yorkshire, though I am not that far away,over the next couple of months I will be dashing back and forth plus I will be busy packing etc,I am sure many of you have had to do this and know what's involved,so while this is going on I will not have so much time to spend on the forum,but I do not want you all to think I have deserted the site and I will check the site as often as I can,so please bear with me,keep you chins up as Foggy would say, and can I say a big thank you to all for all the postings,makes it all worth while
Terry

Best of luck, Terry. I haven't had the experience of moving yet. Other than college and helping a friend move. No doubt, we understand how busy you'll be. Hope you enjoy your new location.

Good Luck!

I will keep a little eye on the forum for the time being.
In case of difficulties, strange postings or other problems on the forum, please inform me as well.

I keep my fingers crossed for you, Terry! It´s much to do, put your feet up and take a break when it´s too much, ok? ;)

Lincolnshire - reminds me of the episode where there wasa view - and it was noted that the down side was you could see Manchester!

Trust all goes well Terry with the relocation

Re: Admin is Moving Update

Hi Members

I would like to thanks you all for your good wishes regarding my move,things are going well with the refurbishment of our Lincolnshire home despite all the snow and ice, at one stage we had 18inches of snow to wade through to reach the place. In Yorkshire my internet and telephone have been disconnected so I am very limited for internet access until we move,all being well we will be in Lincolnshire over Christmas coming back to Yorkshire for the last few days in the New Year when weather permitting we leave our current home for the last time
For those of you that do not know Lincolnshire,it is very flat and during my recent time spent there I did notice a improvement of 10 mpg driving around. I hope all members that need to travel over the holidays manage to get to where they need to be,for those of you not in the UK you might not be aware the UK has come to a halt due to bad weather,our major hub for air transport Heathrow airport has been closed for a few days along with other major UK airports,the TV news claims over half a million air travellers are stuck with little hope of them being where they need to be at Christmas, our rail link to Europe is also in Chaos, regional railways are also suffering with people trapped on trains overnight with no heat or light in freezing temperatures and off course on the roads there are major problems,so it might look very pretty out there but no fun if you need to travel,even to get to the shops to buy food if the shops have managed to get deliveries, so where possible I really hope you all have a great holiday, Terry

Hi Terry,

good to hear things are going well. I have heard about all the snow, scary! I actually was planning to fly....
We have "only" about 14 inches, but this is still enough. Tonight it started thawing.
I wish you a nice holiday, too!

Latest News

Hi Members, I hope you all had a great day with plenty to eat and drink,it is a little warmer in Lincolnshire, I managed to get my internet working at the last minute yesterday the provider had problems with their set up and I could not do anything with it,so I have internet but it has to be run into it's new location in the home which will get done in the next few days along with the new carpets being laid,if the weather does not impede us we should be installed in our new home fully in 2 weeks
Terry

Glad you are settling in Terry, it takes a while to get sorted in a new house but i'm sure you will have your "feet under the table" real soon.

By the way, if you go for a walk in the woods and spot someone wearing Lincoln green, it will likely be Billy Hardcastle on the lookout for new recruits, so be careful.

Hope you had a nice Chrimbo mate.

Take care,

George ; )

to know that the move is progressing, despite all the hiccoughs the weather has thrown up recently.

Trust that you will soon feel settled in.

Hi Members

For those of you that do not know Lincolnshire,it is very flat and during my recent time spent there I did notice a improvement of 10 mpg driving around. .. iTerry

I am not surprised - cars fom those areas last a lot longer - less strain from the hills!

Back