Another moor fire.

Concerning that this has happened yet again and at this time of year , at this time last year I would have assumed that the Moor would be covered in snow , what a difference a year makes . Is there any theory of why this has broken out ? I would assume that it may have been started deliberately and if so you do worry about who you share your country with . What is in the mind of the person or people who would do this if it has indeed been started deliberately , lets hope it was something that was not started by someone.

It's been very hot and dry for the past week. Last year it was snow and -10 wind chill. Since last week it's been 19c and sunny. As for who/what started it I doubt they'll ever find out... arson, bbq, cigarette end or disguarded glass in the sun.

Sad news. Seems like it was not too far from some of the LotSW vistas of Marsden area. Looks not too far from March Haigh Reservoir, Wind Power Rocks and Packhorse / Eastergate Bridge, a few miles NW of Marsden.

Just TE="RickAns, post: 215847, member: 464"]Nice rolling hillside, ferret.[/QUOTE]
Just above Macclesfield on the Cheshire/Derbyshire border.

Back