Anyone want to Guess

Great picture. Also the episode where they build a glider / flying contraption for Compo. Wild Blue Yonder or something in the title. They took Compo up there to acclimate him to heights.

This shows the power that a drone offers you Terry when used correctly , which we discussed in another thread, but drones seem to be one of the presents to have as the ultimate "boy toy" this Christmas . It raises concern as the use will be abused on all sorts of fronts if the market ,as expected , is flooded this Christmas . I know that the Government introduced a drone code with restrictions on flying but they also have laws for driving , for example , and we see daily how those laws are constantly flouted. I think it is a great shame that this flooding of the market will undoubtedly lead to incidents and will wrongly tar responsible owners like yourself Terry with the same brush which is wrong . When Drones were made available to all the Government definitely missed a trick in how they handled the licensing of their use.

This shows the power that a drone offers you Terry when used correctly , which we discussed in another thread, but drones seem to be one of the presents to have as the ultimate "boy toy" this Christmas . It raises concern as the use will be abused on all sorts of fronts if the market ,as expected , is flooded this Christmas . I know that the Government introduced a drone code with restrictions on flying but they also have laws for driving , for example , and we see daily how those laws are constantly flouted. I think it is a great shame that this flooding of the market will undoubtedly lead to incidents and will wrongly tar responsible owners like yourself Terry with the same brush which is wrong . When Drones were made available to all the Government definitely missed a trick in how they handled the licensing of their use.

Yes it will be sad to see it restricted by misuse by a few idiots, I am surprised how many people buy them and in a few weeks have them up for sale. in the winter time they can be harder to fly due to the cold,even the batteries do not like being to cold,so I expect to see some great second had bargains at the start of the new year

Great picture. Also the episode where they build a glider / flying contraption for Compo. Wild Blue Yonder or something in the title. They took Compo up there to acclimate him to heights.

They only used this viaduct in one episode

"I know that the Government introduced a drone code with restrictions on flying but they also have laws for driving , for example"

There are actual driving laws there???????? I didn't see much evidence of them:mad:. They must be optional......and no-one takes up the option!:02:

As for the Viaduct... I don't think it is the "mangle" one on Alderscholes Lane. I seem to remember another one in a very early episode, possibly a Blamire one??

As a couple of people have the correct answer with RickAns being the first it was "Here we go into the Wild Blue Yonder"

Terry,

Please do not consider this impertinent it is only an observation . I don't think I am mistaken but if you go to the Summer Wine Main Site and the Summer Wine map , search for Viaduct it takes you to Alderscholes Lane with the narrative The viaduct used in Three Men and a Mangle.

Terry,

Please do not consider this impertinent it is only an observation . I don't think I am mistaken but if you go to the Summer Wine Main Site and the Summer Wine map , search for Viaduct it takes you to Alderscholes Lane with the narrative The viaduct used in Three Men and a Mangle.

You are correct, this is another viaduct in the picture that was used for another episode

Is this the viaduct that Foggy showed Compo so he ((compo) could get some idea of how high he may get? Compo replied by saying "I'm not goin up theer !":13::confused: He (Foggy)then talked Compo up on the roof of the barn.

Here we go into the Wild Blue Yonder?

Is this the viaduct that Foggy showed Compo so he ((compo) could get some idea of how high he may get? Compo replied by saying "I'm not goin up theer !":13::confused: He (Foggy)then talked Compo up on the roof of the barn.

Here we go into the Wild Blue Yonder?

Yes it is Dick

You are correct, this is another viaduct in the picture that was used for another episode

So if this is not Alderscholes lane where actually is it Terry? When I look at the picture again the road running underneath is considerably wider than Alderscholes lane . Thank you in advance for any information.

scholes2.jpg

So if this is not Alderscholes lane where actually is it Terry? When I look at the picture again the road running underneath is considerably wider than Alderscholes lane . Thank you in advance for any information.

View attachment 1933

Captain, Alderscholes lane is the 3 men viaduct, the viaduct in the drone picture was used in another episode "here we go into the wild blue Yonder" which is near the A636 at Calder Grove,not far from the M1

I did not realize there were so many in the area. I'm a little embarrassed to admit when I first saw it while watching the show I mistakenly thought it an aqueduct from the Roman days. Then I figured out viaducts were for trains. :redface2:

Back