Auntie

According to the Mirror she died but to be honest if they told me the grass was green I'd look out the window to check. Fingers crossed for this great lady.

It's interesting that the Mirror's report of her death was 10 hours ago and the report of her being rushed to the hospital was 7 hours ago, also by the Mirror. Let's hope that first report was just an over zealous reporter.

The mirror reported 7 hours ago:
A local told how she became concerned for the actress after spotting the emergency vehicle outside her home.
She said: “The ambulance crew came to her home. I saw it right outside her house last week. I hope she’s okay.”
Although the nature of the emergency is not known, Jean revealed last month that she had been suffering from health problems in recent years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jean-alexander-coronation-streets-hilda-3765185#ixzz35izKFW3M
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Manchester Evening News Reported 8 hours ago:
Jean, 88, who played Street icon Hilda Ogden for 23 years, was taken in an ambulance after the health scare.
The actress, who also appeared in Last of the Summer Wine, was kept in for a number of days but has since been allowed to leave by medics.

Here's a link if you want to read the whole story. At least this is what is being published Basically her brother said she was not feeling well so was taken to the hospital Monday last week. They evaluated her and have now released her to a rehabilitation home for a week as she regains her strength. She is cheerful and doing well. She has managed to walk with a frame but is very tired and doesn't want to do interviews yet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jean-alexander-thanks-coronation-street-3770374

Thank you both for the articles on Jean A. I have often thought of buying the Coronation Street series. Do you advise?

Not sure if its classed as a series, its a soap. Not my kind of thing really. It started in the 60's so there is a long way to go back if you want the begining :D

Thank you both for the articles on Jean A. I have often thought of buying the Coronation Street series. Do you advise?

I'm glad Pearl answered your question. I'm from the USA and never heard of the program until I read about it on this forum a few years ago. I've still never watched it. I'll have to check out YouTube and see if they have it there.

Back