Bobby Ball as the Swan Man

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
OK, sorry for still not having any Summer Wine books yet because the answer to this might be in there. If not, I believe a handful of you will know this anyway. I noticed Bobby Ball's debut to Summer Wine happened to be the Series 26 opener. Does this mean that Bell and Clarke were contemplating the addition to Ball as another permanent cast member?

I am just curious, due to the timing of the Swan Man of Ilkley.

On a side note, I understand Cannon and Ball are a comic duo. Whats the significance on Ball's roles on Summer Wine being so much bigger than that of Cannon's?

I've always thought Bobby Ball would've been a good addition to LOTSW cast.
Don't know the answer to your question, though.

I've always thought Bobby Ball would've been a good addition to LOTSW cast.
Don't know the answer to your question, though.

I totally agreee, but by that time thehy already had a pretty full cast. So that, and the fact that it was the season opener, makes me wonder if they had bigger plans for him.

Cod, I think the nature of the double act was also like that, Ball was the energetic lively one and Cannon was the quiet still one. I also believe that Ball was a better actor so it stands to season he would have more action on screen. Not sure about Roys intentions were towards the introduction of his character has more full time but I liked the episodes they were in and of cause his wife went on to play Stella.

As you have indicated above, Bobby Ball is more comfortable as an actor than Tommy Cannon.

Anyone seen them acting in the film The Boys in Blue?

It's not a very good film.

Back