Bullseye Reboot

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
Apparently Bullseye is being Rebooted with Paddy Mcguinnis rumored to be host. Now I loved this show as a kid but I'm not sure if it would appeal in its original format. It will probably be jazzed up with Music guests as such. Without Jim Bowen it just won't be the Same. I mean when the won a new kitchen one contestant lived in Brighton and another in Glasgow. Who gets the Fridge. Or when the won a speedboat. No good if you live on the 14th floor of a tower block in the middle of a city and don't own a car. It was moments like that that made it essential viewing on a sunday

There seems a penchant to reboot old quiz shows lately Deal or No Deal , Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune but to me they should have been left alone watching them now simply shows why their figures waned and they were taken off.

I didn't like the new Deal or No Deal or Jeopardy but I enjoyed the first episode of the new Wheel of Fortune with Graham Norton.

Apparently Bullseye is being Rebooted with Paddy Mcguinnis rumored to be host. Now I loved this show as a kid but I'm not sure if it would appeal in its original format. It will probably be jazzed up with Music guests as such. Without Jim Bowen it just won't be the Same. I mean when the won a new kitchen one contestant lived in Brighton and another in Glasgow. Who gets the Fridge. Or when the won a speedboat. No good if you live on the 14th floor of a tower block in the middle of a city and don't own a car. It was moments like that that made it essential viewing on a sunday
Did you see the Bullseye reboot with Dave Spikey?

Quite a good attempt, I thought.

Paddy McGuiness is a good choice.

Decent game shows do seem to succeed with new hosts.

Family Fortunes, Blankety Blank and The Generation survived well.

Having said that, I don't recognise many of the celebrities on Bradley Walsh's Blankety Blank.

And the most recent revival of The Generation Game was awful with those two women presenting it.

What's wrong with Ant and Dec ?
Myself - I find them unfunny and too over-exposed on TV.

I find the programmes that they present are cheap, tacky and annoying.

I thought they would have gone into comedy sketch shows or traditional variety shows, but these are out of fashion, so they stick to all that so-called 'reality' or talent shows.

Can't they do better than covering people with insects and whatever else?

As mentioned earlier Bullseye has already been 'rebooted' several years ago featuring Dave Spikey. Paddy McGuinness seems to be default presenter they roll out for these relaunches.

Bullseye to me is Jim Bowen, Tony Green and naff prizes can't imagine the new polished version will have any of that sadly.....

I would say leave well alone and watch the original episodes that are on tv now. You can’t recreate some of the naff clothes and Jim Bowens bobbins jokes. I love the original.

I would say leave well alone and watch the original episodes that are on tv now. You can’t recreate some of the naff clothes and Jim Bowens bobbins jokes. I love the original.
Don't forget the two blokes who drink together in The Red Lion, with mullets & mustaches who've now got to somehow share the 1983 Metro City between them.....

Back