Calling all old rockers !

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
If there are any old rockers/blues fans out there the Stones released a new album yesterday ,Blue and Lonesome, their first for 11 years . I bought it and have been listening to it, I cannot recommend it highly enough .

I know its a covers album of old blues songs but that does not detract from the quality . It's great to hear them stripped down and playing like they used to when they first started . Recommend it to anyone who is a long term Stones fan or anyone who like Blues music definitely well worth a listen .

"If there are any old rockers/blues fans out there the Stones"

Hardly consider the stones either old rock or blues.
Better catch Little Richard or Chuck Berry to
get back before the sick-sties.

"If there are any old rockers/blues fans out there the Stones"

Hardly consider the stones either old rock or blues.
Better catch Little Richard or Chuck Berry to
get back before the sick-sties.

The Stones all quote old Blues men and their songs as the biggest influence on their career , their early stuff is all based on old blues songs and indeed some of the fifties rock n roll artists , first album has Chuck's Carol and Route 66 plus tracks by blues guys Jimmy Reed and Willie Dixon . Their songs in the 60's certainly were at the rock end of the Spectrum especially if considered against the poppy early Beatles with almost every song about "Love" and all bets are off against Freddie and the Dreamers You were made for me or Herman's Hermits I'm into something good

It's funny, I always thought of the Beatles as a bit "Girly". It was partly the songs that they sang, partly the silly hairstyles and their little "Uniforms" early on. On the other hand, the Stones were "Proper blokes".

It's funny, I always thought of the Beatles as a bit "Girly". It was partly the songs that they sang, partly the silly hairstyles and their little "Uniforms" early on. On the other hand, the Stones were "Proper blokes".

I know I watched one of these "best album ever shows" with Danny Baker chairing three guests who discuss their favourite albums and they are then put into "Baker's Dozen" of best albums ever . David Hepworth [ex Old Grey Whistle Test presenter] proposed A Hard Days Night and whilst I own a lot of Beatles music including tracks from the album I didn't have the album itself . I downloaded it on Spotify to listen to the album as a whole before maybe adding to my collection. When you hear the lyrics you realise how ,in your words , "Girly" the lyrics really are .

Back