Childrens tv

amos hames

Dedicated Member
I would be intrested to hear what your favourite show were when you were children there were so many good ones when i was younger i think amongst my best were

Dangermouse
The dukes of Hazzard
Rainbow
Grange Hill
Knight Rider

There are many more to mention but these rank among the best.Your fave shows please

Rentaghost
Scooby Doo
The Fall Guy
Dukes of Hazzard
Wacky Races
Mr.Benn

Mine were, Button Moon, Thundercats, He-man, Sooty, Popeye, Bananaman etc...

Also loved 'the land before time' films

Always liked Muffin the Mule - which was the first programme I ever watched regularly; although I also enjoyed the potter's wheel at intermission times! But that is 60 years ago ...

Always liked Muffin the Mule - which was the first programme I ever watched regularly; although I also enjoyed the potter's wheel at intermission times! But that is 60 years ago ...
Always liked Mexican Pete from the Muffin programmes.I remember watching one called WHIRLIGIG (an early Crackerjack type prog) with HUW WHELDON being very professor like. I also remember some puppet shows (other than Muffin) but not their titles.As you say it was 60 years ago :o

Always liked Mexican Pete from the Muffin programmes.I remember watching one called WHIRLIGIG (an early Crackerjack type prog) with HUW WHELDON being very professor like. I also remember some puppet shows (other than Muffin) but not their titles.As you say it was 60 years ago :o

I remember Four Feather Falls

This won´t help much, but I´ll reply anyway. They were all Japanese cartoons, animes:

Biene Maja (Maya the bee)
Heidi
Marco
Anne of Green Gables

and a few educational programs, science for children so to speak, I was quite interested in these.
We did get a few of the afore mentioned shows, Catweazle for example, but I missed them. I know my father liked Catweazle when he was a young man. And Dangermouse sounds familiar, and I know I saw a few bits of Scooby Doo, can´t remember aynthing about it though, except that it was a dog or so.
And we got many American shows here, I remember most of my friends were crazy about Knight Rider and some other action things, but I wasn´t.
Oh wait, what did Rob say, The Fall Guy?? That was an exception, I watched that when I was in my teens, I have even got an autograph and a note from Lee Majors.

The Saint(RogerMoore)
Randal and Hopkirk(Deceased)
The Munsters
On The Buses
I Love Lucy

There were lots of others like The Banana Splits,H R Puffinstuff,The Double Deckers,Tom and Jerry,Popeye,Bugs Bunny,etc,etc.
For films,i enjoyed the likes of Abbot and Costello,The Marx Brothers,Will Hay,Norman Wisdom and so on.Even today i still enjoy those old black and white movies from the Ealing Comedys through to Crime and Detectives.

Hector

The Magic Roundabout
Woody Woodpecker
Dynomutt
Hong Kong Phooey

Thinking further I do not think there was a great deal of choice of what I could watch prior to bedtime when a very young child! One channel, a little bit in the early afternoon, tea time then the evening. With a blank screen and the test card.

How could I forget...
George and Mildred

One of my favourite programmes as a kid.

Yes and also

Mary Mungo and Midge
Pipkins
The Muppet show
Star Fleet
Transformers(the original series from 1983)

"The Magic Roundabout" wasn't Children's TV, was it?

Read the first line of the opening post again.

I admit I did not read the opening post and was misled by the Subject Line of the thread which is obviouly a misnomer. And patently I was being ironic so my comment stands.

Apart from that I cannot help you since I hardly saw television until I was a teenager. I remember enjoying The Benny Hill Show when I was around fourteen.

I have fond memories of the following T.V shows when I was young

Rainbow
Scooby Doo
Battle of the Planets
He-man and the Masters of the Universe
Dungeons and Dragons
Knightmare
Trapdoor
The Muppet Show

Back