Cleggys Wife

I have been stumped by her age relative to Cleggy's. When you see her headstone in the pilot it is hard to read the dates. (At least to my poor eyes it is hard to see.)

In the first episode of FotSW the show opens with a caption saying "May 1939" and a vioceover saying "The Diary of Norman Clegg, aged nearly 18 years". So he was born in 1921, making Edie Clegg 21 years older than Cleggy!!
The gravestone reads 1900 to 1970.
Sorry to sound like a know-it-all nerd. ;)

George: Thank you -- here in Maryland (USA), we've never had FotSW so I don't have access to the back story like that one. I thought that those were the dates on the headstone but wasn't sure.
I really appreciate the information.
;D

Hey lcr1108, if you type "first of the summer wine" into youtube, there are quite a few episodes there, including the pilot.

G : )

Someone else told me that yesterday. I hope to find time to give it a go this weekend.
Thanks!
Great Board here -- just love it.

lcr try clipser.com as wel i think they have all but 1 of FOTSW and every LOTSW including specials and documentaries. Hope this info helps.

lcr try clipser.com as wel i think they have all but 1 of FOTSW and every LOTSW including specials and documentaries. Hope this info helps.

I visited clipser.com tonight and only found a couple of episodes of First of the summer wine.
The selection of Last of the summer wine was also quite poor, am i doing something wrong?

Cheers,

G : )

Back