Color Enhancement on the Early Years of Summer Wine

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
I have been watching Summer Wine for about 7 years now and something happened for the first time last night when watching Man from Oswestry. The video footage, which is normally grainy when it is from the 70's, had its color enhanced! It was much brighter and sharper. I don't know why they made this decision but I spotted it for the first time yesterday. While some traditional folk might not want to see it, I found it was a nice surprise. It made it easier for my eyes to watch.

The quality of tv pictures has improved as the years have gone by ,I watched a Lovejoy last week and was surprised at the poor quality pictures .Things improved on LOTSW when it was filmed in hd and use made of better cameras the first series look positively grotty as do the characters Compo especialy.

The quality of tv pictures has improved as the years have gone by ,I watched a Lovejoy last week and was surprised at the poor quality pictures .Things improved on LOTSW when it was filmed in hd and use made of better cameras the first series look positively grotty as do the characters Compo especialy.

However, I recall watching series 3 before and I recall it being grotty as well (although it has been quite a while since I viewed series3). I was struck by how bright everything looked last night. It was a nice surprise.

Back