Compo's Teeth

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Compo's teeth seem to change over the series to which ones are bad,sometimes they all look okay,I will try and capture pictures of the changes when I have time

Alan Bell mentioned in his book that Bill Owen wore dentures, so I've speculated that he had several pair for when he played different kinds of characters.

Alan Bell mentioned in his book that Bill Owen wore dentures, so I've speculated that he had several pair for when he played different kinds of characters.

Hence smile like a piano with half the keys missing . On the subject of all things dental there is a famous North East comedian , Bobby Thompson, who is always decrying the cost of things as part of his act . He goes to the dentist and asks " Can ya take aal me teeth oot , a got real problems with them aal , hoo much will it cost " "£200" is the Reply from the Dentist . " Too hundred poond !!! " says Bobby " Here's a fiver just slacken them" :wink:

I've seen people come into hospital with their teeth stuck together with sticky tape and glue to hold them together.

Loctie super glue is a firm favourite I have noticed, for mending teeth, not sure how good for you that is though.

Loctie super glue is a firm favourite I have noticed, for mending teeth, not sure how good for you that is though.

Decades ago I overheard a young teenager telling my orthodontist that something had broken on her braces and she had put it back together with Super Glue. If she got any of it on her teeth, it's probably still there.

Compo's teeth seem to change over the series to which ones are bad,sometimes they all look okay,I will try and capture pictures of the changes when I have time

I look forward to what you find. I started to try to track his changing teeth a few years ago, but got sidetracked with something else and didn't keep it up. I was trying to find a pattern or seasons where it changed but had no luck.

Back