David Fenwick interveiw

amos hames

Dedicated Member
For those who haven't seen it. there is a great interview with David Fenwick.( Clegg in FOTSW ). Very informative and a good insight to how the show might have panned out if it had continued. Head over to the FOTSW website and check it out.

Thanks amos!

That is a nice site and I do like reading the interviews. Was browsing that site a few months back, glad to see they continue to add content.

At first I was a bit unsure on FotSW, but after a few episodes quickly grew to liking it. Took a bit to adjust to seeing different versions of such familiar characters from LotSW. Thought it hilarious when Compo tried to slow down the runaway gypsy cart! Now we know where Foggy's caligraphy roots started - painting road signs.

Tis a shame they could not have made more than two series. Seems like the show was coming together nicely. I do wonder if they would have continued where they would have gone next...

Episodes of them preparing for war? - very likely.
Episodes of them overseas at war? - probably expensive, challenging and not sure about the comedy aspect.
Skipping the war to show them coming home afterwards to rebuild their lives from where they left off? - most likely.

If FotSW had become so popular as to create episodes right up to the time that LotSW starts? Would they age to look similar enough to pass for the original stars we know and love so much? Being fans of both shows would we even mind? Probably not. As you may tell I have not given much thought on either series. :-[

I recognized a few familiar actresses, Joanne Heywood from Are You Being Served Again? / Grace & Favour. Plus Maggie Ollernshaw from Open All Hours, Lovejoy and of course LotSW. Speaking of Lovejoy... I think Phyllis Logan has done great in her role on Downton Abbey.

Cheers,
Rick

The more of these I read the more it appears FOTSW would have diverged as it went on. For example, here he talks about all the lads failing their medicals and being sent off together to guard a lighthouse. Which is completely inconsistent with LOTSW. So it would have become some sort of alternate reality of the characters.

Back