Dick.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
I know many of you remember dick, he was a very regular contributor to our forum, in recent years he's suffered from health issues and yesterday I was contacted by his family to say that unfortunately he past away this week. I know many of you will be very sad about this and I know he'll be missed. I've past on our deepest sympathy to his family.

God rest his soul, he was passionate and so protective of our favourite comedy.
His contribution to this forum was colossal, he is the top poster on this site by some margin, at over 18,000 posts and also the top reaction score.
I know he was a cricket lover so hopefully he’s watching the Test today from somewhere. RIP Dick

I am so so sorry to hear this devastating news he was a stalwart of the site when I joined. He dearly loved the site , the show and his Cricket. He was the stalwart of the Jokes or Otherwise thread posting silly but funny jokes daily that always brought a laugh its nice to see it is still being posted on when he stopped posting and having been an ardent posting I stopped for a while out of reverence to him . A very very sad loss indeed .

So sorry to hear this news,I know how well he was regarded and how much he was loved by members on this site,I was told the news by my good friend Captain Clutterbuck and although I no longer post on here,I still regard us all as one big Summer Wine community and loving family.
Condolences to family and friends.
Take care everyone.
Chuffer aka Pete.
Dick would probably even remember me as The 28 steps x

So sorry to hear this news,I know how well he was regarded and how much he was loved by members on this site,I was told the news by my good friend Captain Clutterbuck and although I no longer post on here,I still regard us all as one big Summer Wine community and loving family.
Condolences to family and friends.
Take care everyone.
Chuffer aka Pete.
Dick would probably even remember me as The 28 steps x
Lovely words Pete, hopefully you'll find the time every so often for an occasional post. Used to particularly love your content, hope lock keeping is keeping you busy :)

Back