Does Howard Need Glasses

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Watching the episode An Apple a Day, the lad steals Entwistle's truck and drives to the pub, the lad offers Mariana an apple and Howard drags Marina away saying she should not accept apples from strangers.
Now I thought it odd that he did not question the fact it was Entwistle's truck without it's usual crew, I mean the truck is signwritten, normally his radar would be pinging that he could be in danger of discovery.

IF the lad had offered Howard a carrot perhaps that would have helped him realise that the lad had stolen Entwistle's truck.

NB

It's maybe a longshot but the most famous "The Lad" was Tony Hancock for years I have been trying to find out why he is referred to as "The Lad" when clearly he was a middle aged man . Does anyone know why he is always referred to as the Lad thanks for any help.

IF the lad had offered Howard a carrot perhaps that would have helped him realise that the lad had stolen Entwistle's truck.

NB

It's maybe a longshot but the most famous "The Lad" was Tony Hancock for years I have been trying to find out why he is referred to as "The Lad" when clearly he was a middle aged man . Does anyone know why he is always referred to as the Lad thanks for any help.
It's just another country like sign of of affection for someone who instead of reverting to childhood like our heroes is stuck there through most likely mental health issues.

Back