Duckett

An Eli clone was perhaps playing for the other side and was bowling resulting in a number of 6's for Ben and when fielding he claimed any number of runs from overthrows when "Eli " constantly threw the ball into the crowd instead of the keeper :08:

If I recall correctly Eli had very good long distance vision - at least in one episode anyway. I gathered from this that it was mostly medium to close range in which his vision was impaired. In one episode Eli and the guys are standing outside a bar and Wally approaches from the distance on his motorcycle. Eli was the first to say 'There's Wally!' as the others squinted to see who it was. Wally pulls up beside them. Eli misses a handshake from Wally at arms length. I believe some of them went in for a drink. I often thought that concept could have been useful in using Eli to seek out Howard and Marina from a distance.

I'm sure Eli's poor short / medium distance eyesight may not be helpful in cricket. Not knowing how large a cricket pitch actually is I can't say if, my presumption of, Eli's good long distance vision would be helpful either. Somehow I have the impression of not having added as much to this conversation as I had intended.:oops:

Sorry Rick , I started this thread " tongue in cheek". The name of the cricketer prompted it, being Duckett. It is an uncommon name in cricket and I could not resist the comparison By the way some T20 All Star teams played some games on Baseball fields last year in an attempt to introduce cricket to American audiences. They were international stars past and present from India, Australia and England etc:redface::thumbsup:

What a sticky wicket!!! Cricket on a baseball diamond. Doesn't it hurt when they catch a ball without a glove? How do they tell the teams apart with everyone is dressed in white? But yes cricket is somewhat like baseball.

What a sticky wicket!!! Cricket on a baseball diamond. Doesn't it hurt when they catch a ball without a glove? How do they tell the teams apart with everyone is dressed in white? But yes cricket is somewhat like baseball.

T20 these days is played with teams in different colored outfits. So long as it is not all white , you see they use a white ball for it instead of traditional red as used in the longer game.:smile: As I understood it the diamonds were brought up to grass level with sand and/ or matting over the concrete?

They used CITI FIELD in New York, Minute Maid Park in Houston and LA Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles.

They used "drop-in" pitches for the actual bowling and batting .The rest of the fields stayed as they were.

On a somewhat related note, I saw that the actor Michael Caine officially changed his name to his acting name because he said it was causing too many issues with ID and security. His real last name - Mickelwhite - reminds me of the Yorkshiresque Mickelthwaite. ;-)

It did not hit me till today. There is a Travis playing for Yorkshire at cricket!! Travis Head is his full name.:42::thumbsup:

Back