DuckFest.

Pete.

Dedicated Member
Hi,
To those of you viewing the web cam and wondering what was happening today,its the annual DuckFest,a weekend of events leading up to a race happening about now,where you can own a duck and 10,000 of these plastic ducks race along the river with prizes for the winners,these aren't my photos,they're just to give you an idea what its like,Pete.
dr1_zpsd3it3hem.png
dr3_zpsimu5sfkh.jpg
dr2_zpsczakgdna.png

At £1 a duck it's definitely worth a go,I think I'll go next year,in fact shall we all try and go and have our convention then :)
This year was the 32nd Duck Fest and Duck Race,the winning duck,duck 140 won his owner Victor £2,000, winning the race in a time of 40 minutes,they set off from the bridge next to the Picturedome,past the Co-op and finish at our bridge and river at sands recreation ground where I took those Follow that Bottle photos,there are stalls and events and a music festival with eight bands,free entry,sounds like a great weekend.
dr4_zpsj59tsrek.png
df1_zpsoh6sodse.png

DuckFest

Do the owners of ducks 66 and 99 get two chances if they capsize and cross the line upside down ? Spare a thought for duck 43 he was last but kept his same number on the Chinese Takeaway menu and got to mix with plum sauce and noodles.:22:

Lol :)
Any duck that finishes does well,if you know that river its like an obstacle course,its the Grand National of Duck races.
Think its great that it finishes on the Follow That Bottle stretch of river next to the bridge we all know and love,with bands playing,what a lovely community day.Definately going next year.

On a lighter note, (from Summer Wine) ...........Why did the Rubber Duck?? Cause it saw the Zip Fly!! :12:

Back