Entwistle/ Hobbo / Big day at Dream Acres etc etc

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
I understand that these characters were not popular. Why was that. Hobbo kind of grew on me. Plus Previously on here it was Revealed that Big Day at Dream Acres was not liked much either. Just wondered why this was the case I like that Special more than Getting Sam Home

Extra Extra seems to have been the most disliked episode from what I can can gather from these forums and I agree. I loved the latter episodes, as they were was originally got me into the series.

I understand that these characters were not popular. Why was that. Hobbo kind of grew on me. Plus Previously on here it was Revealed that Big Day at Dream Acres was not liked much either. Just wondered why this was the case I like that Special more than Getting Sam Home
I imagine Entwistle and Hobbo were disliked because they were used as direct replacements for Wesley, later Clegg, and for the Foggy/Truly character.

When Alan JW Bell announced how exited he was that Russ Abbot was joining the show, the rest of the country were upset that Clegg and Truly would have much reduced roles.

I found Big Day at Dream Acres over-long - it would have made a good half hour episode.

I find the majority of Extra, Extra unwatchable - it started promising, but I can't watch it till the end.

I imagine Entwistle and Hobbo were disliked because they were used as direct replacements for Wesley, later Clegg, and for the Foggy/Truly character.

When Alan JW Bell announced how exited he was that Russ Abbot was joining the show, the rest of the country were upset that Clegg and Truly would have much reduced roles.

I found Big Day at Dream Acres over-long - it would have made a good half hour episode.

I find the majority of Extra, Extra unwatchable - it started promising, but I can't watch it till the end.
I never really thought that Entwistle was disliked. His character was interesting and fit into the fabric of the show. Plus he was needed as the various actors needed to "ride" in the truck rather than to walk over hill and dale. On the other hand, Hobbo was "cut and pasted" from another show that Russ Abbot had been in. It was not a good fit. He was doing what he was used to doing and it just never "felt" good.

I think I've mentioned this before, Extra Extra must have cost a fortune to produce bit didn't hit the mark, where as 3 blokes just walking the lanes cost pennies and was ultimately better. A case of more is less. However, "Compo's gone and lost his wellies" record was a real extra!

It certainly wasn't Extra Extra read all about it !! It never reached the heights of deserving to be in the Headlines more a couple of column inches on page 9 , you have to wonder Why??

Spelling doesn't really count as long the meaning is obvious. However, "exited" might actually be a Freudian slip.

Back