episode titles.

S

sir coffalot

Can anyone tell me who picked the titles? 'Was it Roy Clarke or was it the producer??? I' ve been thinking how apt and clever they are! :D

Funnily enough I was just think ing of this.I think my favourite Title (not episode) is Who's That With Barry And Glend?It's Not Barry And Glenda

Some of the Open All Hours episode titles were lengthy and similarly creative, so my money would be on them being Roys.

My quirkiest title would be "Will Barry go septic despite listening to classical music?? ;D

Some of the Open All Hours episode titles were lengthy and similarly creative, so my money would be on them being Roys.

Open All Hours never had on screen titles, but later video and dvd releases featured them.

It may be the case each episode had a title, or a working title, but they just decided not to put them on the screen.

As you say, the titles are very similar and there is no doubt in my mind they were all given titles by Roy Clarke.

No one but Roy Clarke could have created such marvellous titles.

yes indeed, all of that is correct. They had titles, well working titles but never a screen title. It was only later when they were packaged for commercial release did the actual titles get revealed.

Both of My favorites are from season nine.

When You Take A Good Bite Yorkshire Tastes Terrible

and The Ice Cream Man Cometh (it simply has a nice ring to it)

I'm expanding on my previous thought.....perhaps Roy Clarke wrote the
episodes then picked out a line to use as a title.

They are by Roy, and I notice that some episodes have the title in them as a line, e.g. when Eli gives Seymour etc. money to get a choc ice, the title is called "Oh shut up and eat your choc ice" which is a line of Seymour that he says a few times.

Back