Feel good factor

• Thread starter Thread starter gill
  • Start date Start date
G

gill

Hi everyone. I'm just off to work but we just had a lovely evening curled up on the sofa watching Getting Sam Hone & Uncle of the Bride. LOTSW makes you feel good, it certainly has that feel good factor.

It certainly do's Gill, I always watch an episode or two when I'm winding down at the end of the day.:42:

I agree, especially when one is feeling under the weather, it takes your mind off a bad day

I think the scenery of the show definitely adds to the feel good factor. The characters and storylines are great, but the countryside and and the unique environment of the town is like the icing on the cake.

The scenery doesn't hurt, but I think for me its mainly just the overall relaxed mood of the show. The feel of the trio just hanging out and enjoying their days together comes across from beginning to end with this program. The style of humor is non-confrontational and is mostly not about making fun of anyone, but rather just enjoying the characters being themselves. Most shows, even comedies, operate on setting up an issue that needs to be resolved, which inevitably creates tension. The way Roy Clarke wrote Summerwine mostly avoids that approach, so even though many episodes have some central story or issue, the show doesn't build it up to the point where in other shows you would get the big last payoff and then be out. Instead it resolves the story or issue and then sort of slides off.

I watch a couple of episodes of Summerwine just about every night, before going to bed. When I do crawl into bed my mind isn't racing about or focused on daily life issues, its just in a relaxed mood. Perfect.

Totally agree with you Sarkus after watching yesterdays episode I felt much better ,especialy watching Aunty sell Smiler a tandem.

I try to limit my daily ration to one episode per evening, after I'm in bed because I'm so relaxed when it ends that I don't want to move. I keep the DVDs and the region-free player in the bedroom so I'm not tempted to watch LOTSW to the exclusion of the PBS documentaries I record off the air. They're for sitting up properly and paying close-enough attention to learn something.

Right now, I'm in England (Huddersfield) and having LOTSW withdrawal.

Also to go with watching is the book Summer Wine Country been reading it today just watching Niel Oliver in Northumberland talking about the Vikings,reckn if they had met the ladies and others like them they would have gone back home!

Back